Legal Technologist Artificial Intelligence
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices. With 69 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Eversheds Sutherland has one of the world’s largest full-service real estate teams. We deliver global coverage through our network of lawyers in key jurisdictions. We take pride in our deal and client coverage and work in partnership with global, regional and local businesses that develop, manage, trade, finance and invest in real estate.
Our Real Estate Practice Group (REPG) handles every aspect of commercial real estate, including retail, office, industrial, hospitality and leisure, multifamily, student housing, affordable housing, data centers, leasing transactions, healthcare, timber, natural resources and agribusiness projects. The team has in-depth experience in major regeneration and infrastructure-led projects, premier investment mandates, multi-layered funds and joint ventures structured for tax and regulatory efficiency, alternative real estate assets and portfolio asset management.
This role will form part of the recently formed REPG Legal Technology Team.
Please note that we are open to candidates being located in London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester or Leeds
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the digital transformation of REPG. We are looking to maximise the impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning on data capture and process improvement. REPG is looking for an experienced legal technologist with knowledge and skills in artificial intelligence, machine learning, decision tree logic, automation and workflow tools. Ideally, this person will have experience working in real estate, but this is not essential. Experience of legal AI tools such as Della. Raven, Luminance, Kira, eBrevia, Bryter, Neota, or similar is essential.
The successful candidate could be based in London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds or Manchester. Some travel between Eversheds Sutherland offices may be required. The successful candidate will join an expanding REPG Legal Technology team and will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Legal Tech Digital Strategy across REPG. He or she will be working closely with lawyers, support staff, clients and client relationship partners.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Technologist for REPG, the Legal Technologist will be at the centre of REPGs digital transformation.
- Defining, designing, testing, procuring and implementing AI / machine learning systems that extract and abstract data and clauses from property documents such as leases.
- Defining, designing, testing, procuring and implementing decision tree logic, automation and workflow systems to streamline service delivery.
- Working closely with our lawyers to develop a deep understanding of legal work and existing processes in order to advise and assist them with the implementation of legal tech tools to enhance our client service delivery.
- Providing insights on legal market and technology trends and investigating new solutions and technologies, to ensure we better address the challenges faced by lawyers.
- Building strong relationships with our lawyers
- Promoting the use of our existing legal tech to our lawyers and encouraging innovative uses.
- Leading integration, configuration or further customisation of existing solutions.
- Identifying requirements for new solutions.
- Leading the introduction and embedding of new legal technologies.
- Delivering training, presentations and demonstrations of legal tech to our lawyers and clients.
- Participation in the preparation and delivery of pitches to clients.
Skills and experience
- Able to problem solve and design innovative solutions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build relationships and clearly articulate and explain the
- benefits of legal technology in non-technical terms.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects.
- Educated to degree level in a Law or Computer Science discipline or equivalent
- Ideally Real Estate experience
- Understanding of law firm processes and lawyer-client relationships
- Excellent communication skills, operating at a senior level
- A team player, with a demonstrable commitment to the success of REPG as a whole
- Knowledge and experience of using, defining and procuring AI and machine learning technology
- IT literate - Word; Excel; Projects; Visio; Elite; document management systems; collaboration platforms would all be beneficial
- Good business analysis skills; the ability to produce process maps, produce engaging, concise and timely management information
- Excellent time management skills, able to deliver to agreed results whilst managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A pioneering global law practice, we provide high quality legal advice and innovation from 68 offices across 32 countries worldwide.