Marketing Automation Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
Smokeball helps law firms bill more without their clients paying more. Intriguing, right? We were founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What makes us special?
- Culture is sacred. As a 'Best Places to Work' winner four years in a row, we believe company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success. At the end of the day, it is all about our people.
- The best product in Legal Tech. We think deeply about the challenges small law firms face. We do not bother with simply delivering a “faster horse,” we drive innovations that truly enhance the lives and businesses of our clients. Check out our ratings on G2, Capterra, and Google.
- Growth. The Legal Tech industry is estimated to be worth around $15bn and is growing every year. Smokeball is growing right along with it, and we like to take our people with us.
What we need
We are looking for an extremely proactive team player with a passion for process, data and reporting that thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will take ownership of the lead management process, marketing database, marketing technology solutions and tracking. You will be skilled in marketing automation and Salesforce reporting. The ideal candidate is an organized doer who enjoys a collaborative work environment and partnering with sales and marketing to manage the lead funnel.
A day in the life:
- Marketing automation and email marketing (Pardot) – Develop all forms, emails, automation, campaigns and workflows and manage the associated integrations with Salesforce, attribution, ABM and data enrichment solutions. Support the scalability, predictability and efficiency of Marketing by delivering process improvements across current technologies and new solutions.
- Salesforce reporting and marketing integrations – Develop campaigns and dashboards in Salesforce and report on the performance of all campaigns. Work with the Salesforce support team to manage integrations with other marketing platforms including Pardot and ZoomInfo.
- Lead processes and lead flow – Own the lead flow through Pardot and Salesforce and ensure effective data management that promotes data accuracy, hygiene and improved marketing effectiveness. Execute programs to drive prospects further through to MQLs and SQLs. Optimize targeting, messaging, lead scoring and qualification. Optimize process flows and lead nurturing between Pardot and Salesforce.
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience working in marketing automation and email marketing
- 3+ years of experience working with a marketing automation platform and Salesforce, including:
- Creating emails, landing pages, forms and campaigns
- Engagement programs, automations and segmented lead scoring
- Organizing dynamic segmentation lists
- Reporting: UTM tracking, campaign attribution, conversions and Salesforce dashboards
- Working with Salesforce objects, fields and data mapping
- Strong working knowledge of B2B Marketing/Sales funnels
- Strong working knowledge of email best practices including deliverability, optimizing engagement, server reputation and CAN-SPAM
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Basic working knowledge of HTML
- Strong analytical skills with focus on data-driven decisions and process logic
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and persuasion
- Strong collaborative and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Your future team
Scott Brandt: I’m Scott, VP of Marketing here at Smokeball. We are building a world-class Marketing team and would love to hear from enthusiastic, proactive marketers looking to join a growing company with a great product. Outside work I love to hang out with my wife and kids, travel and dabble in photography. I’m passionate about helping small businesses succeed. I'm equally passionate about helping our Sales and Account teams hit their goals.
Ian Phillips: Hi, I’m Ian! I’m the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager here at Smokeball. I oversee all our US digital marketing, email marketing and marketing automation. I love working at Smokeball because the culture is so friendly and collaborative. We move quickly and work together to reach our goals. When I’m not working, you can usually find me at karaoke, playing guitar or traveling.
Jane Oxley: I’m Jane, and CRO here at Smokeball. We have hugely ambitious goals in Australia, the US, and beyond. Our team is collaborative, we have each other’s backs, we’re creative, and we are goal oriented! Outside work I, along with my husband, am an Uber driver to our 3 teenage girls. I’m a lover of yoga, live music, reading and lots more. I’m also passionate about small law firms and the important place they have in their local communities - I truly love working with these firms, it’s something that bounces me out of bed every day!
Life at Smokeball
- Great Culture: Named Crain’s 2021, 2020, & 2019 Best Workplaces, Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time, and more!
- Career Growth: Smokeball believes in investing in our own people and promoting from within. Our own President started at Smokeball as an Account Manager!
- Flexible Working: We trust our people to get their jobs done. Work remotely full-time? In the office full-time? A hybrid of both? Your choice!
- Benefits: Excellent medical coverage, 401(k) match, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave
- Transparency: We keep employees in the loop through monthly global huddles and local standups where we discuss company goals, updates, new hire introductions, etc.
- The Office: The kitchen is stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages, and we have plenty of games to help you relax (ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games). We also offer free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist!
- Fun Events: In-person happy hours, virtual game nights, family-friendly events, and so much more
- Convenient Transit: We’re located in the heart of downtown Chicago, in walking distance from all major modes of transportation
The values we live by
Creating and fostering a great culture is just as important as providing a great product. At Smokeball, we don’t have Core Values for show, we live and breathe them every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
These values inform every strategic decision we make and guide our behavior with every person we meet. When we are bringing new team members into the Smokeball Family, we look for compassion, drive, keen judgement, varied perspectives, and no egos.
What DEI means to us
At Smokeball, we believe that “caring is not optional.” We respect everyone, no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love, where they come from, how they identify, what they believe in, what abilities they have, or what they are trying to overcome. Smokeball is committed to utilizing community partnerships, education, events, and hiring to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone we interact with.
Learn more about our DEI program here.
More, more, more!
Why do we do what we do? Where did the name ‘Smokeball’ come from? How do we give back? Learn more here.
* Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications! We encourage anyone who is interested to apply based on the responsibilities and requirements outlined. You may be the culture add that we are seeking! We look forward to your application.
* Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an open, welcoming environment for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bill more without charging your clients more.