Demand Generation Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid. We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
The Team You’ll Work With
You are a member of the go-to-market team, working alongside your Growth and Retention marketing teammates. You will partner with and provide leverage to the sales teams. You’ll work cross-functionally with the Product Marketing team and the brand marketing and communications teams to ensure consistency in positioning and messaging. You will plan and execute launches & campaigns in close collaboration and coordination with the Integrated Marketing team.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As an integral part of the Business team, the problem to solve is how to continuously increase the amount we capture of the value we create for the market. For growth marketing, that means how to drive all the non-Carta users in the market to be Carta customers. A critical component of this problem is how best to create and maintain a robust sales and marketing funnel - maximize the top of the funnel and minimize the leakages down the funnel. As important, how best to provide leverage for the sales team (and the GTM enablement team in supporting the sales team) to convert 100% of the leads you generate.
The key questions you will need to answer (which you will operationalize in collaboration with other members of the Product and Business teams to drive the north star of logo acquisition) are:
- How do we increase new logos and new revenue?
- What is the right set of demand generation programs, content, and events to optimize this?
- What is the optimal mix and sequencing of marketing tactics (email, digital, content) and channels (direct, partners) to drive top of the funnel?
- What are the appropriate and actionable metrics to best measure the effectiveness of demand generation campaigns? In other words, how to translate and tie the sub marketing north stars to the overall business north star of logo acquisition?
- How best to balance the quantity and quality of the leads to optimize sales team effectiveness and attainment?
Within three months you will:
- Have a deep understanding of an assigned market segment, customer needs/pain points and strong relationships with Sales, Product, Brand and Integrated Marketing
- Understand the ownership and roles/responsibilities in managing campaigns at velocity
- Execute, test and optimize campaigns based on performance
- Have an understanding of Carta products and services
You have a deep knowledge of growth marketing techniques and tactics. You care about customer needs and pain points and have a hunter mindset in understanding how you can best drive them to Carta to tap into these needs. You have a strong growth mindset, with demonstrated ability to learn and improve from your mistakes. You live and breathe campaign strategy, execution, testing, optimization and alleviating loopholes and pain points in the marketing funnel. You are a highly organized, experienced project manager that’s passionate about technology, bonus points for experience in Finance or Fintech SaaS. You have proven capability for formulating data and analysis driven marketing campaigns. Most importantly, you are a proven problem solver that gets things done.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Carta helps companies and investors manage their cap tables, valuations, investments, and equity plans.