Head of Sales/Growth
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
Backed by leaders within the legal industry, Ellipsis is a young LegalTech start-up setting out to transform the $600bn legal services market.
Our product, Capacity, is focused on improving the relationship between a law firm and its staff by creating an environment in which lawyers can thrive without having to sacrifice their wellbeing. We are also looking to become the market leader in helping drive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the industry. Our mission is to be a catalyst for equal representation across law firms, specifically within senior leadership positions.
Who do we hope to find?
- Ideally, an ex-solicitor with 3-5 years of experience in Saas sales who is looking to make a step-up in responsibility and autonomy. However, we are open to hearing from people of all backgrounds and experience levels who feel passionately about the opportunity and would like to discuss further!
- An ambitious and empathetic individual, who is passionate about our vision and values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: you understand that our success is inherently intertwined with that of our prospective and existing clients.
- Self-starter: you like to take the initiative, thinking of innovative ways we can win new clients, retain existing ones and make the legal sector a happier and healthier place to work.
- You relish the challenge and are comfortable speaking with C-Suite, Law Firm Partners and decision-makers about how Capacity can improve their business.
- Swiss-army knife: as our first non-technical hire, you are excited about the prospect of joining a fast-growing start-up and getting stuck-in across all aspects of the business, shaping our go-to-market and being part of scaling a great company.
Note: Occasional travel may be required (domestic and international).
- Leading Capacity’s sales effort at a critical time for the business. This is a high impact position that contributes to our overall growth by delivering sales results through influence, relationship-building, and value-based selling.
- Developing a robust sales pipeline.
- Managing the deal process, from discovery through close. Navigating complex organizations and selling to multiple decision-makers.
- Developing a rich understanding of our prospective client’s needs.
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate information on prospective clients in our CRM system.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the product and use cases.
- Ensuring that a prospective client understands the value Capacity has to offer.
- Earn credibility as a trusted, honest and empathetic advisor for key contact within target firms.
- Represent Capacity at events to generate sales opportunities.
- Collecting feedback from prospective clients and communicating this with our CEO and design team to help improve our product.
- Helping establish marketing strategies.
- Assisting with trial implementations and various aspects of client support.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working directly with our CEO and co-founder, William Dougherty.
What we offer you
- Salary between £45-55k, depending on experience.
- Uncapped commission of:
- 10% on the value of any post-trial contracts signed up to £650k and 15% thereafter; and
- 5% on any growth in a customer you are managing each year.
- 1% in EMI options vesting over 3 years.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays).
- Pension with NEST.
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression.
- The opportunity to be instrumental on modernising the legal industry, globally.
Our app focuses on maximising autonomy and wellbeing for our users and we want the same for our team! As such, we are happy for you to work fully-remote, but if you are based in London and you want to join our CEO in the London co-workspace, you will have free bouldering and gym access as well as some free yoga sessions each month. The role can therefore be fully remote, onsite (London) or hybrid.
Our app aims to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and we embed these principles in everything we do. We seek talented, qualified employees who can be themselves at work.
We respect everyone for who they are and do not discriminate on any grounds. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence. We are wholeheartedly committed to building a diverse team and a psychological safety at work.
Sound like a fit?
If so, great! We'd love to hear from you.
Hit 'apply now' to send us your CV, along with any additional information about yourself that you would like to add.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Smarter work allocation. Happier lawyers. Diverse and inclusive teams.