Technical Consultant Vendor Ecosystem
Amsterdam, Netherlands Remote
A major component of the Reynen Court value proposition is the effort we put into helping and guiding application vendors to bring their containerized software solution to our platform. Next to helping to improve the quality and stability of these containerized software solutions, we perform a number of security tests on the provided software to raise the bar on the solutions deployed to law firms.
This position puts you in the heart of the Reynen Court solution delivery process. You will be working with both the vendor and the law firms to make sure that the software product meets the requirements of the RC platform, and facilitates the adoption and integration of the solution within the law firm. You will be the primary point of contact for vendors and guide them through the overall on-boarding process. As part of this on-boarding you will make connections between vendors and our containerization partners where needed. You will also be the primary point of contact for vendors as they prepare to deploy their application with a law firm for the first time.
Guiding the vendors through their onboarding journey requires intense communication, deep understanding of the application-specific challenges, followed by sound and valuable suggestions addressing the specific needs of these applications. Essential to this is understanding the (security) requirements of the law firms and being able to translate them into clear recommendations and work with vendors on how to adapt their solution. These recommendations vary from the decomposition into smaller containerized components to improvements in their security architecture. The vendor landscape is varied and each solution may require different adaptations to get it ready for the RC platform.
In addition, you will work with the product management and development teams to automate these processes as much as possible. As soon as you encounter frequent and repetitive steps, you start working with product management to automate and incorporate these steps into the vendor facing part of the platform.
Location, Work week & Salary
This role is based in the Amsterdam office and reports directly to the Head of Operations and Security. The salary band for this position is based on work experience, education level and understanding of the technology field. Salary band is inclusive of holiday pay, 25 vacation days and is based on a 40 hour work week. You will get an indefinite contract, with a probationary period of two months. The position will require the occasional international travel and the candidate must be able and willing to travel to the US and UK.
- Support, through architecture review and technical consulting, the application on-boarding process for all products and vendors on the Reynen Court platform.
- Connect vendors with Reynen Court containerization partners to help accelerate the containerization of products.
- Support the deployment of solutions with law firms and identify areas of improvement.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of best-practices for the deployment of solutions to law firms to better guide vendors preparing and updating their solution for the Reynen Court platform.
- Regularly reflect on how this process works, look for opportunities for improvement and automation, and work with the product- and development-team to implement these improvements.
To be successful in this role you will need a strong affinity with cloud based and containerized technology and combine it with a drive to consult and guide others on their journey to becoming cloud native. You have successfully taken a legacy application and transformed it into a cloud native architecture. You understand how scalability works in the cloud environment, the measurement of metrics and considered how to best change the architecture to make it natively scale, and you have helped others on their journey towards cloud-native.
You are capable of quickly understanding the architecture of any solution and can make solid and practical recommendations on how vendor applications could be best containerized for successful deployment with our law firm clients through the Reynen Court platform. At the same time, you dislike repetitive work and aim for automating that away to further create and improve the pipeline process that supports vendors in getting their solution ready for the RC platform.
The ideal candidate has several years of experience with containerized solutions (Docker) and cloud technologies(Kubernetes), plus fluency in Linux based automation; is fluent in several programming languages and willing to work in Golang, and has excellent interpersonal skills combined with a willingness to work across multiple time zones(predominantly Europe and Americas). Furthermore, this candidate understands the dynamics of dealing with external parties such as software vendors, customers and partners, and maintains healthy, productive working relationships in a technically complex context.
This role is ideal for a medium to senior DevOps engineer wanting to expand his/her experience towards a more outward facing, architecture and consulting focused role. Reynen Court is a well-funded early stage company that is likely to grow considerably and this role would expand rapidly in scope and responsibilities.
- Bachelors degree
- Interest in understanding of how a law firm works
- Fluency with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- The ability to program in Golang and at least two additional programming languages
- Experience with CI/CD processes, Git and Git workflows
- Experience with persistent storage and databases
- Entrepreneurial mindset, taking ownership of the problem
- Masters degree or better in a technical field
- Work experience at a law firm or experience in a highly regulated industry
- Track record of technology application within the legal or financial sector
- DevOps experience
- CKA & CKAD certifications
Your application has been successfully submitted.