Full Stack Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Recognised as one of the UK’s top tech startups in 2021 by Tech Nation, Definely is a fast-growing, venture-backed company on a mission to transform the $600bn global legal services market. Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations such as Allen & Overy, Dentons and Deloitte. We are also backed by a number of prominent investors and VCs, including Microsoft, Google for Startups, CRE VC and former dragon, Nick Jenkins.
Given that we spend a good portion of our time at our place of work, we are firm believers that everyone should enjoy what they’re doing and who they work with. We operate a transparent workplace culture, where every person has input at every stage and level of strategic decision-making and is a valued member of the team (we promise we are not just saying that)!
We look for natural self-starters who are curious, adaptive, resilient, apply deep logic to their thinking and, most importantly, learn from every mistake!
What are we looking for?
The Full Stack Developer will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining our products.
As a Full Stack Developer, the primary purpose of your role is to:
- Lead design and technology initiatives and mentor fellow developers
- Design and code custom applications based on Definely preferred tech stack
- Translate designer mock-ups, wireframes, and data flows into UIs with modern tooling such as HTML5, CSS and React
- Collaborate with architects, developers, security specialists and vendors on innovative solutions to complex business problems, using Definely preferred tech stack and cloud-based technologies
- Communicate with product managers, QA teams, and business analysts to deliver technology solutions to meet operational objectives
- Approximately 7-10 years’ experience in software development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building microservices and event driven architectures, domain models, and user interfaces preferred.
- Experience delivering applications with Docker containers preferred.
- Experience building RESTful services on Windows using IIS, Web API, HTTP, ADO.NET/Entity Framework.
- Familiarity with Bootstrap, React, Kendo UI, and other JS frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, MongoDB, Kafka a plus.
- Application Lifecycle Management using Visual Studio, SSDT, Azure, and Git.
What we offer you
- An opportunity to be an integral part of a fast growing startup, to be able to experiment with new ideas and see them implemented.
- Work in a truly meritocratic, diverse organisation and alongside highly motivated individuals working together on the same mission.
- A chance to work with some of the world’s leading law firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations
- Training and support.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Flexible Working.
- Equipment (where needed).
Most importantly, if you’re someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to get their hands dirty to help us exceed our wildest expectations, then please do not hesitate to apply.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as any additional information about yourself you want to add!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
drafting made simple