Business Development Representative
Washington D.C., DC, USA
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter who has a passion for building relationships with customers – existing and prospective. We are looking for someone to join the Fastcase Sales & Marketing team to work with external customers – existing and prospective – and the internal team to generate leads and provide a smart customer experience. This specific role will with all types of customers – law firms of all sizes, law schools, government and corporations – to support existing revenue and help build a pipeline for future revenue. We are looking for a team-player who’s excited to work alongside smart sales and marketing professionals and sharpen their sales and customer service skills that will carry through their career.
Fastcase is the leading next-generation legal research service with market leading products (Fastcase 7, Docket Alarm, NextChapter BK, Law Street Media) that puts a comprehensive national law library and powerful data and docket analytics, and visualization tools at attorneys’ fingertips. Our service helps attorneys track litigation, find information relevant to the lawsuits they are working on, as well as help them predict what the judge will say as their case continues. A Washington D.C. based information technology company founded in 1999, Fastcase is one of the fastest growing legal research information solutions services in the United States servicing law firms, businesses, schools, and government.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Handle inbound sales calls and opportunities generated by marketing by helping the user subscription or incremental subscription upsell or escalate sale opportunity to other sales team member based on user and sale type.
- Renew Fastcase subscribers at the lower end of the market focusing on upselling existing clients by expanding the number of Fastcase licenses and/or incorporating additional Fastcase solutions.
- Outbound prospecting efforts to include - following up on targeted marketing efforts; conduct campaigns (60+ activities per day) to generate and quality leads as part of marketing and sales motions and to former subscribers as part of a win-back motion through a combination of calls and emails; all activities must be logged in Salesforce; work closely with Enterprise Account Executives to assist in lead generation.
- Follow-up with recently subscribed accounts as part of a customer engagement motions to ensure long-term commitment to Fastcase.
- 0-2 years sales support role experience, preferred experience supporting a sales or marketing team
- Experience working with a client relationship management tool, Salesforce is preferred, or a technical aptitude to master our sales tool
- A four-year college degree, no exceptions
- Be an aggressive self-starter
- Be willing to learn and sharpen key professional skills such as communication and time management.
- A natural competitive spirit
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Fastcase products and client needs
- Ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Located in Washington, D.C. metro area, but have the ability to work from home for the near future with reliable internet connection and speed until it is safe to return to an in-office environment
- Experience in and willingness to assist in the development and evaluation of new products and the improvement of existing products
- When safe, occasional travel is required to attend industry conferences and events representing Fastcase; the ability to travel via all methods, including the ability to drive oneself
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
Fastcase offers a diverse, casual, and collaborative work environment, comprehensive benefits (including: Premium Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life & Accidental Death and Disability insurance, Paid time off, 401(K) and competitive salary with commission plan).
Your application has been successfully submitted.