Data Scientist NLP
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Data Scientist with previous experience with machine learning and NLP. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for a pragmatic individual who enjoys solving complex challenges to work with a talented team of Engineers and add an enormous amount of value to our business.
- Design ways to enhance and expand the capabilities of “Fathom”, the brain behind our software.
- Drive Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning projects from concept to fruition, taking into account any competing forces and necessary trade-offs.
- Devise and apply novel approaches to interpret legal documents.
- Recommend relevant research, best practices, and their application to the product and legal domain.
- Recommend annotation, modelling, and evaluation approaches for a wide range of supervised and unsupervised problems.
- Work closely with Legal Experts and Product Owners to identify complex areas to interpret and methodologies to tackle them.
- Drive to extract maximum value from our large corpus of legal data.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- You will have a strong background in this field (Ideally 5+ years work experience), with proven commercial experience working in a related field.
- Interest in the application and domain - solving a challenge to generate real value.
- A pragmatic mind with strong problem-solving skills.
- Utilisation of the latest techniques available and relish collaboration with specialists; we partner with in both academia and AI-focussed businesses
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine learning
- Unsupervised learning
- Graph technologies (networkx etc.)
- Experience with defining and working with ontologies
- Relation extraction
- Language modelling
- Test-driven development
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave
- A collaborative, supportive, and dynamic work culture; you’ll work with people who demand the best
- In-depth training and one-to-one support as you build your career at ThoughtRiver and map out your professional goals
- A regular programme of fantastic team-building and social activities to foster a collaborative spirit
- Environmentally conscious and serious about climate change; we're committed to completely removing our impact on the environment by October 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turbocharge your deals with an automated risk review and AI guided remediation of legal contracts.