Data Scientist NLP
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Data Scientist with previous experience with machine learning and NLP. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for a pragmatic individual who enjoys solving complex challenges to work with a talented team of Engineers and add an enormous amount of value to our business.
- Design ways to enhance and expand the capabilities of “Fathom”, the brain behind our software.
- Drive Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning projects from concept to fruition, taking into account any competing forces and necessary trade-offs.
- Devise and apply novel approaches to interpret legal documents.
- Recommend relevant research, best practices, and their application to the product and legal domain.
- Recommend annotation, modelling, and evaluation approaches for a wide range of supervised and unsupervised problems.
- Work closely with Legal Experts and Product Owners to identify complex areas to interpret and methodologies to tackle them.
- Drive to extract maximum value from our large corpus of legal data.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- You will have a strong background in this field (Ideally 5+ years work experience), with proven commercial experience working in a related field.
- Interest in the application and domain - solving a challenge to generate real value.
- A pragmatic mind with strong problem-solving skills.
- Utilisation of the latest techniques available and relish collaboration with specialists; we partner with in both academia and AI-focussed businesses
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine learning
- Unsupervised learning
- Graph technologies (networkx etc.)
- Experience with defining and working with ontologies
- Relation extraction
- Language modelling
- Test-driven development
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave
- A collaborative, supportive, and dynamic work culture; you’ll work with people who demand the best
- In-depth training and one-to-one support as you build your career at ThoughtRiver and map out your professional goals
- A regular programme of fantastic team-building and social activities to foster a collaborative spirit
- Environmentally conscious and serious about climate change; we're committed to completely removing our impact on the environment by October 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.