This job is no longer accepting applications.
SeedLegals is London’s hottest legaltech startup. Be the legal mind behind the scene, join our legal team to shake up the legal world! We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, innovative and tech-minded lawyer to join us as a Legal Associate. The Legal Associate will be joining an incredible team who builds products, manages legal risks and compliance and works on complex investment rounds.
Your core responsibilities will include:
● Building a product that aims to handle complex investment rounds;
● Conducting legal research and answering queries relating to funding round, option, scheme, SEIS/EIS application, employment agreement, general company law matters, etc, in particular the complex queries that cannot yet be handled on our platform; and
● Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, including, founders, investors, customer support team, product managers, engineers, designers and lawyers.
- The successful candidate must hold an internally recognised law degree with a current practising certificate
- NQ to 2+ years PQE with a proven track record of providing legal advice to venture backed startups and/or SMEs
- You must be able demonstrate working experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Early stage fund raising methodology and legal process
- Capitalisation tables
- Private equity investments
- Employee option schemes
- Company secretarial work
- You must be a motivated self-starter with attention to key.
You'll be joining an amazing team of founders, investors, developers and growth hackers. We're currently based just off Lincoln's Inn Fields (the legal heart of London).
- You’ll get responsibility (and plenty of it!). This isn't a training-contract paperwork-only role, you will be client facing, with plenty of responsibility right from the get-go.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Access to world class training from some of the most experienced individuals in the UK in startup law, investment, and entrepreneurship.
- Learning, development and networking opportunities.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee, overlooking the gorgeous gardens at Lincolns Inn Fields.
- Contributory pension.
- We’re looking to hire for this role as soon as we find the right match, so if that sounds like you – get in touch
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The legals for growing your company. Sorted.