Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Capdesk’s first dedicated Product Marketing Manager, you’ll write the playbook for bringing products to market. You’ll develop and deliver best-in-class campaigns that increase our customer base and drive adoption of our products and services.
You’ll champion Capdesk internally, improving product knowledge and sharing market and customer insights that facilitate better decision-making. You’ll also get hands-on with content creation, working on high-level brand campaigns, UX copywriting and everything in-between.
Capdesk has a solid product with an exciting roadmap, powered by an impressive product team, but this role is essential for our next phase of growth. If you want to build a product marketing function from scratch in a fast-growing tech startup – surrounded by smart, mission-driven people – this is your chance.
In this role, you will:
- Define our product messaging and roll it out across all marketing touchpoints
- Set out Capdesk’s go-to-market strategy for products and new releases, managing launch campaigns accordingly
- Monitor and review our competitors, map out the entire equity management space and identify Capdesk’s exact position in the market
- Document the product in great detail, including current features, additional services and future roadmap, for use in marketing and by other teams
- Build a strong foundation of product marketing content, including guides, blog posts, emails and video
- Work closely with the product team on UX copy, developing UX copy best practices
- Collaborate with sales, customer success and finance on product pricing and packaging, contributing market intelligence and analysis
- Facilitate alignment and communication between key product stakeholders across the business, acting as the product spokesperson within the commercial team
- Train our sales, customer success and marketing teams to explain, pitch and discuss our product in detail through workshops, role play and supporting resource
- Ensure product marketing activity makes a measurable contribution to Capdesk’s commercial targets
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Hands-on experience – you’ve spent at least two years in product marketing roles and are familiar with best practices and emerging trends
- Experience in a fast-growth startup – you know what it takes to steer a company through rapid growth and recognise your role in making it happen
- Strong copywriting skills – you are a talented writer, able to turn complex concepts into engaging, accessible content of varying lengths and formats
- A growth mindset – you know how to set up, run and learn from experiments and enjoy testing new ideas
- An interest in all things equity – you are passionate about what we’re doing here at Capdesk and are excited to become a subject-matter expert in your own right
- Project management prowess – you’ve worked with cross-functional project teams before and are comfortable leading a team of internal stakeholders
- A content portfolio – you can share past examples of your product marketing and UX copywriting work
- Industry expertise – you’ve marketed a B2B SaaS product before or worked with equity management software (or both!)
- Data-driven approach – you like measuring success in numbers and are comfortable using data to make creative decisions
- A knack for scale – you’re uncomfortable with inefficiency, always looking for ways to scale your output without compromising the quality of your work
WORKING AT CAPDESK
As Product Marketing Manager you’ll sit in the Marketing team with a dotted line to Product. You’ll report into our Content Lead Scarlett and work alongside half a dozen marketers, each with their own specialism but all united by Capdesk’s mission. We’re a progressive bunch who love experimentation and get fired up at the idea of building a unicorn.
📽 Watch Scarlett explain what we're looking for in a three-minute video.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary – circa £50,000 depending on your location and experience
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Mental health and wellbeing support including access to therapists
- Enhanced parental, adoption and miscarriage leave
- Your own Pleo company card, and no more expenses hassle
- Semi-annual company trips and quarterly virtual kick-offs
- Onboarding budget of £2,500 to spend on equipment so you can work to the best of your abilities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Manage all your equity on a single online platform – from seed to exit.