Legal Technology – Senior Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
About the Team
Our Legal Technology team is based within our Forensic Services business, which has over 100 technology practitioners working from dedicated technology laboratories in Belfast, London, Birmingham and Leeds.
Working closely with PwC’s New Law practice, we assist clients from some of the largest organisations in the world. We help them to understand and assess all of the emerging legal technology on the market, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence driven solutions, and decide on what will be part of their future legal tech capability. In addition, we design, build and deliver solutions for clients using a number of cutting edge legal tech tools in order to improve our client’s business and solve commercial challenges.
About the role
As a Senior Associate in our team, you will work on multiple concurrent projects for global priority clients and work alongside recognised industry specialists in machine learning, data analytics, electronic discovery and disclosure. You will take responsibility for delivering discrete parts of engagements, and coach junior team members on techniques and software, utilising your experience and applying best practice methodology.
As we look to harness cutting edge artificial intelligence, robotics and other emerging tech to assist our clients, you’ll have the opportunity to research, design and implement these technologies to solve real life issues.
PwC UK is also home to one of three PwC & Google Innovation Labs. Along with New York and Sydney, we are now acknowledged as a global location where organisations can access the PwC and Google collaborative experience to co-create solutions to their digital and business challenges.
If you love technology, are naturally inquisitive and enjoy solving problems using an analytical mindset, we would be interested in talking to you. This position is based in Belfast, however candidates should also be prepared to travel as some of our projects may require team members to work at other PwC offices and/or client sites across the UK or overseas.
- You'll need to have a degree in a Technology related discipline e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths, Physics, Computer Forensics or Artificial Intelligence, OR, demonstrate that you have 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience in Technology, Legal or Consulting areas.
- Strong belief in the role and impact of emerging technology.
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset, with good knowledge of PC functions (e.g. hardware components, networks), software (e.g. various operating systems, software packages), and a keen interest in emerging technologies (e.g. Contract Lifecycle Management, RPA, Machine Learning, Blockchain).
- Confident in conveying complex concepts in simple terms.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
Desirable (although not essential):
- Consulting experience within Legal roles, Technology roles, or both.
- Knowledge and experience with data query and programming languages, such as SQL, C#, VBA, R and/or Python.
- Experience of overseeing and coaching other people.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we mak...