Head of Product Design
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You'll be heading our small team of two experienced product designers and joining a cross-functional product squad yourself. In the product squad, you'll be collaborating closely with a talented engineering lead and an inspiring product manager. The three of you will find innovative and elegant ways of solving complex problems.
In the product design team you'll manage and mentor our designers to help them grow, and together with them drive best design practices by sharing knowledge, setting up tools and processes. You will also grow the team over time through the recruitment of new designers.
What you'll do
- Become an expert in the domain of equity by independent investigation, collaboration with product managers, and use of our product.
- Understand how data is structured and the different states in the product and technical constraints by collaboration with the engineering lead.
- Communicate financial data and legislation in a clear and concise way using visuals and concise copy with elegant English and the user in mind.
- Identifying how to improve existing features and build new features through qualitative and quantitative research, owning the discovery process, and synthesising findings.
- Prioritise between tasks in a structured way to strike the right balance between designing and improving how we design - knowing that what counts in the end is what gets shipped.
- Lead the product design team by coaching and recruiting new team members and ensuring a high velocity of great design being shipped in a structured way.
- Have 1:1s and performance reviews with designers and help them grow by providing timely and actionable feedback.
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience within product design and at least one year of experience managing designers
- Experience with B2B products of a certain maturity and complexity.
- Having both shipped larger features and smaller improvements.
- Experience with communicating financial data and writing copy independently.
- Flexibility to design in low and high fidelity and create prototypes depending on the needs.
- Experience in running discovery processes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and helping us form the future tone of voice in our products.
- Experience within fintech
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with working in cross-functional teams and collaborating closely with the product manager and engineering lead in the squad. A desire to do so is a must-have.
Bonus points for
- Experience within equity management products
- Ability to make code commits yourself to our GitHub repository
WORKING AT CAPDESK
You’ll be joining the Product Design team, reporting to our CPTO Mikkel, and working alongside our amazing Senior Product Designers Michael and Sarolta. Our product design team is loved by the rest of the product team for their passion for discovering true problems and driving our vision forward with a delightful design. You'll also coordinate closely with our Head of Product Management Rosalba and our Head of Engineering Vincent.
📽 Watch our Capdesker, Scarlett, talk about our values in a two-minute video.
What we can offer you:
- We use career frameworks to ensure career development and that compensation is based on impact in a transparent way. The salary band for this role is £65,000 - £85,000 per year in gross salary if you're based in the UK.
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Enhanced parental leave – 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (also includes adoption) and in the unfortunate circumstance we also offer miscarriage leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Annual company meet-up in London and quarterly virtual kick-off events
- Onboarding budget of £2,500 to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Manage all your equity on a single online platform – from seed to exit.