PhD Researcher in Blockchain & Law
Paris, France Remote
Kleros is a company based in France which develops the Kleros blockchain protocol for decentralized dispute resolution. The company is seeking to recruit a PhD candidate in a university in France to undertake research and a dissertation on the legal aspects of the protocol. Coopérative Kleros will provide funding for the candidate for the duration of the program (the other part of funding could also be secured by a CIFRE contract).
The successful candidate will have a degree in law and a demonstrable interest in consumer law, internet law, alternative dispute resolution, online dispute resolution and/or international arbitration, knowledge of blockchain (either from previous work/research or only as hobbyist) and is actively seeking enrollment in a PhD program at a French University.
- Degree in law from a recognized university
- Capacity to work autonomously.
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English at a professional level.
- Knowledge of blockchain.
- Understanding of Kleros.
- Education and/or work experience in consumer law, internet law, alternative dispute resolution, online dispute resolution and/or international arbitration.
- Experience in GDPR compliance.
- A background in economics and/or political science (especially, game theory).
- Background/interest in computer science.
Screening Questions ###
- Why do you want to pursue a PhD?
- Why are you interested in Kleros and the field of decentralized justice?
- On a general level, what are the main legal challenges faced by the Kleros protocol to achieve mass adoption?
Your application has been successfully submitted.