This job is no longer accepting applications.
Evisort is on a mission to change how companies interact with their most important legal documents, their incoming and outgoing contracts. The company was founded in 2016 out of Harvard Law and MIT research to develop artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to help companies rapidly and accurately mine contracts for data. Evisort's AI understands meaning and context in legal language, virtually eliminating the need to screen contracts. Evisort helps companies to organize, understand, and extract data from their contracts. With Evisort, information locked away in documents becomes searchable, and key contract terms and important dates can be surfaced to the right people at the right time to accelerate legal review, reduce costs/risks and improve business compliance.
We are backed by some of the most prominent VCs with Microsoft being an investor in our last round of financing. Come join us and help us revolutionize a multibillion dollar industry.
We are hiring our first in-house counsel to join and build out our legal team as we transform the legal industry. As Corporate Counsel, you’ll be expected to build a technology-enabled legal organization that serves as a partner and empowerer to the Sales, HR, Finance, and Executive teams at Evisort.
You are a lawyer with several years of experience in a fast growing technology company who’s excited to build a legal department that serves as a model for others on how to build a technology-first, innovation-focused, partner-first legal organization to support our fast growing company.
You’ll be expected to cover a wide spectrum of responsibilities from drafting and negotiating customer and vendor agreements to compliance and regulatory questions to advising the executive team on complex legal issues. You will take into account the practical considerations of any legal issue and focus on being a partner and collaborator with the business organizations, coming up with creative solutions and focusing on the bigger picture in any decision.
You should have a bias for getting things done and taking action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves. No task is too big or too small - your focus is on moving the company forward and helping us build an amazing product, experience, and organization for our customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Evisort’s internal business, operations, and executive teams to structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements (vendor, consultant, etc.), data processing agreements, complex sales/customer agreements, and licensing/marketing agreements
- Partner with and advise the company and various internal teams on data privacy best practices, processes and compliance efforts
- Work with internal business clients to identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals and pursuing opportunities to scale
- Build and collaborate with the team to evolve the legal function, by identifying opportunities to centralize knowledge and create processes, with a technology-first, enablement-first approach
- Draft and update contract templates and improve Evisort’s contracting processes and policies.
- Interface with and manage outside counsel
- Obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of Evisort products and strategic objectives
- Plan and implement our IP protection strategy
- Analyze and provide guidance on evolving laws, rules, regulations, and trends impacting the business including finance, tax, governance, data protection, etc.
- JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar in the United States
- 5+ years of experience in practicing law
- Experience in-house at a high growth company
- Deep knowledge of and experience with commercial technology agreements and data privacy. Experience with financings a plus.
- Comfortable with and sufficient knowledge of non-corporate (e.g. data privacy and IP law) to tackle routine issues and know when to defer to subject matter experts.
- Business minded - ability to assess the risks and provide practical advice and solutions with a focus is on helping the business
- Excellent negotiation skills, business judgment, and the ability to make decisions and give practical, actionable advice.
- Outstanding communication - both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hard-working environment.
- Proactive personality - eager to learn new areas of the law, and committed to understanding Evisort’s industry, business and growth opportunities.
- Passion for getting things done and avoiding unnecessary red-tape and bureaucracy
- High technical aptitude - you’ll be expected to perform the legal function using and even building on state of the art technology including the Evisort platform.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Intelligent Contract Management Platform.