UX / Design Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Isn't it crazy how we model our most business-critical information as prose inside digital paper that we drag and drop between a hierarchy of little icons of cardboard folders?
It makes sense when you consider that Word, PDF, and friends were developed and optimised for printing, display, and familiarity with the physical world, literally decades ago.
But they absolutely suck if you want to store, query, model, program, transmit, and analyse information (i.e. everything databases are built for). Which is a problem because countless gigantic industries operate on top of documents.
So we're bringing the power of databases and programming to documents.
Why do we need you?
After two years of hard work, we've landed our first big customers with a product they're using daily and already consider indispensable.
The only problem is that nobody has built something like this before — there's a LOT of design work to do!
Design is now the bottleneck for every team in the business. We need someone who can come in and own Design @ Nomio. You will literally be building our base for the long-term!
Each of the following is a huge task, but we need someone who can do all three:
- [UX] You'll be working with our Engineers to redesign and build our customer-facing product. We are building an entirely novel way for people to interact with the information across their critical documents; none of this has been done before!
- [UX] You'll be working with our Customer Document Specialists (CDS), whose work is augmented by our own internal tools (think Iron Man suit vs Robots!) to make sure that we deliver 99%+ accuracy.
- [Aesthetics] You'll be working with our Commercial team, who want to build out our brand, website and marketing / sales collateral to a world-class standard. You'll need to take full ownership of our visual branding, start to finish.
How we work
- Async + Written > Sync + Spoken: We are incredibly organised and write everything down in [Notion](https://nomio.com). This means that information is permanent and open to everyone rather than transient and siloed. It takes more effort than a conversation but it's a huge multiplier on the productivity of the company as a whole.
- Practical: We are still a small team and must balance our desire for completeness with getting stuff out the door into customers' hands. After all, this is a commercial operation! We break down projects and tasks so that we can ship as soon as possible (and keep pull requests small).
- Focus on Quality: If we need to ship something fast, we reduce the scope rather than taking shortcuts that will hurt us later on. Keeping our codebase, infrastructure, and product as lean as possible is also a big part of this. We'd love to extend this principle to how we operate Design.
If You Join Us...
- We only use the best tools and equipment, so you'll be getting a new Macbook and 4K monitor (and whatever else you need to do a great job).
- There is no red tape.
- You'll need to be able to work from our office in London (UK) for 2-3 days per week once the pandemic settles down.
- You'll get your own beautifully embroidered Nomio sweatshirt.
- There are certainly stock options.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking Law 2.0.