Isn't it crazy how we model our most business-critical information as prose inside digital paper that we drag and drop between a hierarchy of little icons of cardboard folders?
It makes sense when you consider that Word, PDF, and friends were developed and optimised for printing, display, and familiarity with the physical world, literally decades ago.
But they absolutely suck if you want to store, query, model, program, transmit, and analyse information (i.e. everything databases are built for). Which is a problem because countless gigantic industries operate on top of documents.
So we're bringing the power of databases and programming to documents.
There's a LOT to build!
Before you ask about "AI Document-Data Extraction"...
It's a scam. We can tell you exactly why if you want to jump on a call.
This is such a good time to join Nomio!
After two years of hard work, we've landed our first big customers with a product they're using daily and already consider indispensable.
We're using our most recent funding round (check out our investors on the Nomio website) as an opportunity to grow the team and tackle bigger projects — which is where you come in!
Engineering @ Nomio - the Key Points
- Async + Written > Sync + Spoken: We are incredibly organised and write everything down in Notion. This means that information is permanent and open to everyone rather than transient and siloed. It takes more effort than a conversation but it's a huge multiplier on the productivity of the company as a whole.
- Practical: We are still a small team and must balance our desire for completeness with getting stuff out the door into customers' hands. After all, this is a commercial operation! We break down projects and tasks so that we can ship as soon as possible (and keep pull requests small).
- Focus on Quality: We currently have close to 100% test coverage and plan to keep things that way. If we need to ship something fast, we reduce the scope rather than taking shortcuts that will hurt us later on. Keeping our codebase, infrastructure, and product as lean as possible is also a big part of this.
What's our Stack?
- Backend: Python, Django, spaCy
- Frontend: TypeScript
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Code and CI / CD: Github
- Deployment: Docker, DigitalOcean, AWS
- Development Environment: Macbook, whichever editor works for you
If You Join Us...
- We only use the best tools and equipment, so you'll be getting a new Macbook and 4K monitor (and whatever else you need to do a great job).
- There is no red tape.
- You'll need to be able to work from our office in London (UK) for 2-3 days per week once the pandemic settles down.
- You'll get your own beautifully embroidered Nomio sweatshirt.
- There are certainly stock options.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Unlocking Law 2.0.