Legal Technology Solutions Transformation Lead
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we quickly turn new ideas into extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring your vision and dedication to Apple, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
Our Legal and Global Security (“LGS”) Operations team is seeking a Technology Solutions Transformation (“TST”) Lead to drive modernization of Apple’s legal technology stack and associated processes. This is an outstanding opportunity to co-own with IS&T the technology portfolio and roadmap. We are looking for an expert technology program manager with legal technology expertise. This role will establish a Transformation Management Office (“TMO”) and lead a team of legal solution architects and project managers. The TST Lead will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of a highly visible strategic initiative aimed at consolidating, simplifying, and improving the LGS applications portfolio and associated business processes.
- 10+ years experience working in the technology program management field.
- Must have knowledge of all core legal operations capabilities and associated technology solutions.
- An understanding of the current and emerging applications of AI and ML to legal operations use cases is preferred.
- Proven leadership abilities with an emphasis on coaching, collaboration and executive stakeholder management.
- Ability to innovate down to the details when driving the future state technology architecture and vision.
- Shown ability to work through influence across functional boundaries to achieve goals without direct control over resources.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills. Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Technology Solutions and Information Governance and you will direct the legal technology strategy and roadmap for the department worldwide. We need a legal technology solutions expert who will provide thought leadership and influence regarding the ideal technology architecture to support critical business capabilities. You will deliver results by closely partnering with the senior leadership, Apple attorneys and other legal staff, security personnel and several cross functional teams, including IS&T, Global Business Intelligence, Privacy & Compliance, Finance, and the People team.
- Co-lead a rationalized portfolio of business capabilities that are aligned to the LGS strategic priorities and end-state architecture, and embed them into process & roles to support optimal adoption and impact.
- Lead the development of the overall program approach, “ways of working”, guiding principles and policies, governance, reporting, and the definition of major milestones and deliverables, interdependencies and risks to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Lead team of legal solution architects, project managers and process engineers by providing clear expectations, strong coaching, and thought partnership in finding solutions.
- Partner with change management lead to define post-implementation process, training and adoption strategy.
- Lead and drive deployment of rigorous project management accelerators (e.g. templates, best practices, automation tools) for faster and more collaborative delivery.
- Run capability prioritization process based on strategic alignments, ease of implementation, and expected outcomes.
- Partner with IS&T to facilitate solution and release delivery approach and secure resources and funding as needed.
- Define success criteria and usage metrics to inform future enhancements
- Drive regular interactions with the executive sponsors to inform, and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Monitor and coordinate dependencies across the projects in the program, and resolve conflicts.
- Define and monitor program metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
Education & Experience
Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent experience. Lean Six Sigma and / or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.