Business Development Lead
As Josef’s new Business Development Lead, you will bring your outstanding people and commercial skills to build relationships with prospective customers and partners.
Josef is a VC-backed start-up, and we’ve been growing rapidly since our launch three years ago. Check out our latest funding announcement!
Our customers range from top global law firms and in-house legal teams at major corporations, to the world’s best law schools and legal aid organisations that help society’s most vulnerable people.
As Josef’s Business Development Lead, you will work closely with our CEO and our Head of Sales (Americas) and play a key role in the development, implementation and execution of Josef’s ambitious growth strategy in the US and North America. You will drive customer acquisition and revenue growth through inbound and outbound sales activities, and work closely with the marketing and customer success team to ensure prospective customers have a great experience.
What you’ll do:
- Use your strategic mindset to develop and execute on the company’s growth strategy
- Act as a subject matter expert and speak to the value of the platform at sales meetings with prospective customers
- Play a leadership role in the small but growing business development team including managing junior team members
- Generate new business by developing sales campaigns, from ideation to execution
- Use your excellent communication skills to turn leads into satisfied customers
- Apply your process driven approach to sales to ensure that our pipeline is healthy and that the team is correctly tracking sales activities in our CRM
- Leverage your outstanding people skills to represent Josef at events and conferences, and build strong relationships with prospects, partners and referrers
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Sales experience will be highly regarded, especially in a B2B software company
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines at any one time, while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A hunger for knowledge and a keen appetite to learn
- A passion and talent for building rapport and strong, long-lasting relationships
- Experience of sales pipeline management with a CRM tool
Nice to have
- A legal qualification, or similar experience that demonstrates your understanding of the legal profession and the legal market will be highly regarded. Please note, experience as a practising lawyer is not required
- Experience in creating business development strategies to generate customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Start-up experience from a high growth company
What to expect
- Competitive market wages
- The opportunity to participate in an employee share scheme
- A supportive and inclusive working environment
- The chance to work with a clever, engaged and lovely team of people!
- Learning and development policy and budget
- Wellbeing policy and budget
- A flexible workplace and the ability to work from anywhere
- A work environment that is challenging, dynamic, creative and independent
- The autonomy to help us determine the future direction of the company
- Clear OKRs and goals
- Regular check-ins with the executive team to discuss your progress
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Legal teams use automation to save time, scale their services and delight staff and clients. The best legal teams use Josef to do this faster and more...