Senior Plain Language Lead
The Senior Plain Legal Language Lead is committed to making complexity accessible, giving as many people as possible, the keys to understanding complex concepts and empowering users even with the driest legal subjects.
You are convinced that your ability to make complexity accessible makes you a better expert: simple, never simplistic! You rely on your expertise in law and in plain language to transform the original content (contracts, compliance programs, privacy policies, financial reporting, ESG reports, etc.) into content enlightening and empowering users. Thanks to you, legal documents become intelligible, understandable and acessible to all.Once your first new draft is written, you enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team in which lawyers, designers and neuroscience experts combine their expertise to transform jargon into tools for action.
Your daily challenges:
- By reading each content that is entrusted to us, you fully understand the stakes of the document for the users.
- You participate in workshops with users, which are facilitated by designers and lawyers, to fully grasp users' expectations, needs and pain points. You will need to resolve these pain points by restructuring the document based on users expectations and needs, and finding the terms and tone of voice that will generate the most ownership of legal documents.
- You are the end user’s greatest ally by understanding their needs, their difficulties and thus putting forward what must be translated, reformatted, and designed differently. Thanks to your expertise and your pedagogy, you put yourself in the shoes of the end-user and offer actions and solutions.
Depending on your preferences and skills, Amurabi could also entrust you with copywriting in the agency's various projects, and possibly part of its digital communication on social networks.
Who are you ?
- Your legal expertise is recognized: beyond your legal studies, you have practiced it for more than 5 years, ideally in-house.
- You know the users of the law well, their reactions to the law, their resistance and… their back roads!
- You are specialized in litigation or arbitration, personal data, contract technique or compliance.
- You are an expert in plain language, or journalism, or another profession that has allowed you to work in making expert contents accessible.
- You are fully convinced that the law must be democratized, you want to adapt it, facilitate its transmission, its understanding by all
- Continuous improvement is a common thread that guides you on a daily basis, you are always looking to do better, to do more for the benefit of users
- You appreciate teamwork with different experts, and sharing different perspectives
- Your mother tongue is either French or English, and you are at ease with the other language
- You want to change the game in the practice of law, thanks to user-centricity
Sounds like you? Send us your resume at email@example.com, explaining why legal design resonnates with you, specifying which legal design projects inspire you.
“What I expect from our future Plain Legal Language Lead is to strengthen and continuously improve our plain legal language practice, always having users at heart. I would love to have a sparring partner, challenging our assumptions and pushing us even further in accessibility.” Marie Potel-Saville, Founder & CEO
What do we do ?
We reconcile the law with its users. We deeply believe that shaping the law can give back to the law its true value, as a strategic tool. We create Legal UX, as a humane, accessible and inclusive experience.
What do we explore ?
We keep exploring new innovation fields, new tools and new challenges. By refusing the status quo, we solve users’ problems and find the most adapted solution, that users will seamlessly adopt. Thanks to user-centric design, we take great care of our clients in meeting their needs and exceeding their expectations.
What do we love ?
We love confronting different points of view and expertise, we love working together to be the most creative possible when delivering value to our clients. We are generous at heart in the way we create and deliver projects. We love making the law accessible to all, that’s why we’re always in movement, work at a high pace and play with everything we had not foreseen. That’s the elasticity required by our projects.
Who are we ?
We’re passionate about user-centric legal innovation, we don’t know of any laws according to which the law should be incomprehensible and we’re truly convinced that legal design is key to stronger democracies. We are all doers, we take great care in ensuring we always create the best possible deliverables, offer the most relevant ideas, thanks to our natural curiosity which we feed each day – without forgetting nice breathers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reconciling Users and the Law