This job is no longer accepting applications.
Theory and Principle is looking for an experienced product manager to join its team. Theory and Principle is an industry-leading legal and justice technology product design and development firm. We work with nonprofits, law firms, and legal tech companies globally and are on a mission to improve the legal experience for all through thoughtfully designed digital products.
The company is based in Portland, Maine, but we are a distributed team. Both local and remote applicants are welcome.
- Act as primary point of contact with clients
- Set and manage client expectations throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate and manage design processes (including research, UX and visual design)
- Work with development team on project and ticket estimates
- Work with the client to prioritize and define product scope and releases
- Write project epics and clear, developer-ready user stories
- Work with project team on a daily basis to execute project plan
- Facilitate a Scrum framework, including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, backlog grooming, and client sprint reporting
- Track budgets, project expenditure, and burndown charts
- Resource management and team scheduling
*We recognize that these skills transverse both product and project management skills. Our strong preference is for applicants who have experience with the full spectrum of software product/project management.
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of software development project and/or project management experience
- Deep knowledge of the software design and development process
- Experience in a digital agency or projectized organization
- Experience working in Jira
- Prior experience in the legal industry is a major bonus
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- A generous vacation policy
- An inclusive environment of justice-minded software experts
- A place to grow and learn while working on impactful projects
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We work with clients globally to build web and mobile applications designed to improve the legal experience for all.