Principal Engineer Training Program
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Ledgy, we really like ❤️ doing web engineering. And we want to spread the word and make more people discover the joy of designing processes, turning them into instructions for machines, and building an intuitive interface for the user.
In the Women in Web: Principal Engineer Traineeship at Ledgy, your mission will be to bring your skills to the next level: dive deep into designing an architecture for a complex web platform, build and manage your own engineering team, and write simple and secure code at scale.
At Ledgy you will
- Share your experience and help with the growth of the next generation of full-stack web engineers
- Mentor our junior engineers in TypeScript, CSS, and React
- Learn from our experienced engineers who previously helped build unicorn SaaS startups
- Scale a complex web application built with Meteor, NodeJS, and MongoDB
- Have regular brainstorming sessions to improve the code organization and engineering processes
- Hire and train your own team of engineers 👩🏻💻
- Setting up build processes using Babel, Webpack, and GitHub Actions
- Designing a robust infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform
- Apply functional programming paradigms in web engineering
- Experience and develop our code architecture that blurs the boundaries between frond-end and back-end
- Name even complicated variables the right way
To succeed in this traineeship you might need
- 3–5 years of work experience in a notable tech company (with experience in web engineering)
- Track record of growing fast and and with high ambitions (for example having a fast career progression, a strong degree from a top university, or becoming exceptionally good in one of your free-time activities)
What your typical work could look like
In your first month, you will
- Go on a deep dive into the Ledgy app ecosystem and business domain
- Pair program with your mentor and fellow engineers 🍐
- Understand and resolve some Sentry bugs and get practical experience with our codebase
- Review pull requests from other developers
In your second month, you might
- Participate in architecture planning meetings to improve our product roadmap
- Help team Voyager to build our initial GraphQL API 🪐
- Add an interest rate calculation to our exit modeling algorithm
In your fourth month, you will probably
- Be part of our architecture committee to design a new access rights model for the Ledgy platform
- Work with team Apollo to add compliance features for the UK market—act as the main coordinator of the group and guide the technical implementation
- Screen and evaluate future candidates for our engineering team on Greenhouse
In your eighth month, you are likely to
- Lead your own team of 2–8 engineers to build a form generator framework
- Become the principal engineer to prepare Ledgy for the launch in the US
- Review and redesign processes in our engineering team after quadrupling its size
- Have a real influence on our Product and Engineering team
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Manage Your Equity & Stakeholders From One Place.