Sales Manager North America
Richmond, VA, USA Remote
Actionstep is a pioneer in the development and sale of software-as-a-service (SaaS) products, specializing in the delivery of Legal Practice Management software. We are a fast growing, dynamic business with a global customer base and team. We are expanding our sales team to drive our business growth in the US market and are currently looking for a strong Sales Manager to join and lead the US sales team.
As a strong Sales Leader you will be responsible for engaging with the US legal marketplace and leading the development of Actionstep business and growth in the US, ensuring business targets and metrics are being achieved and exceeded. Reporting to the VP Global Sales & Partnership Strategy this roles requires a leader with proven SaaS software sales experience in the Legal Industry. Ideally with a established network and an ability to build effective business relationships you will develop and lead a high performing US sales function, working closely and effectively collaborating with Sales Leadership and Product Marketing to deliver to the Actionstep strategy.
You will drive new business sales through constructive and focused relationships with senior legal contacts, manage existing accounts to a high standard, work collaboratively with product, marketing and sales teams to deliver user growth targets and nurture clients into the Actionstep family.
What you will be doing...
- Growing and leading a team of SDR's and AE's, guiding and building capability and ensuring individual and team success
- Be an advocate for Actionstep’s Legal Practice Management platform and value proposition in our target markets
- Work in partnership with our team of business developers and marketers for all sales leads and sales opportunities to achieve targets.
- Meet and exceed individual & team monthly and annual targets with the view to build the Actionstep customer login numbers, generate revenue and contribute to total business KPI’s.
- Prospect and develop relationships in key customer groups and regions, to generate sales opportunities and grow the customer base.
- Drive a high volume of sales by managing the complete sales process, through conducting inbound as well as outbound sales activities, in that build our pipeline
- Deliver awesome demonstrations of the Actionstep solution to prospective customers
- Nurture and leverage business from new and established customer relationships, associations and network groups
- Facilitate cross-functional partnerships between sales, support and customer success to manage the entire customer onboarding journey and increase customer referrals. Encourage knowledge sharing and workshops between teams.
- Proactively seeking out networking opportunities, participation in industry events, webinars, and user groups to develop personal and Actionstep profile and interest in the market.
- Activity contributing to the effective delivery of Marketing campaigns and activities (i.e events/webinars etc..).
- Actively contributes to continuous improvement activities that enhance and support the effective evolution of the Actionstep sales process and methodology.
- Work closely with Consultant, Referral, Reseller and Strategic Partners to enhance both our sales and support functions.
- Contribute to end-to-end People & Culture management of initiatives across the US Sales team, including the implementation of; attraction and selection, training and development, engagement and retention, reward and recognition and management of team performance.
What you need to know and what will make you successful…
- Senior sales and sales team management experience (7+ years)
- Deep understanding and experience working within the US Legal sector and/or Legal Technology sector, preferably for a US SME-focused practice management software provider
- A relevant business degree and sales training and certification
- Experience hiring, training and developing sales talent
- A strong communicator that builds rapport, listens well and adapts style and approach to suit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Results driven and an ability to lead, motivate and coach others to be successful
- Has the ability to research, identify, qualify, drive and close opportunities
- Able to work autonomously yet contribute effectively as a team player
We have a fantastic and inspirational working environment!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Flexible/Remote working
- Wear what you like to work.
- Take your birthday off.
- Friday afternoon (virtual...for now) socials and frequent team building events.
- Excellent location & funky office environment for when we get back to the office - converted warehouse in the heart of Richmond
- Relaxed and friendly team who genuinely care about each other and want to be successful
- Fantastic training and development opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.