Research Lawyer (Remote Independent Contractor)
At Alexsei, we build cutting-edge legal AI by combining the skills of exceptional research lawyers with those of brilliant AI engineers. We leverage our tools to produce on-demand short-turnaround legal memos that have garnered the acclaim of top Canadian firms. And, we’re growing!
As a research lawyer with Alexsei, you’ll help some of Canada’s top lawyers figure out the answers to their most challenging legal questions. Each day will be different, and you’ll get to work in as many practice areas as you want to.
We are looking for lawyers with exceptional legal research and writing skills. Our research has been the basis for argument in high-profile cases at all levels of court. Our customers are some of the top lawyers in Canada, so they expect the best.
We’ve been remote-friendly since day 1, so you can complete the work from anywhere. Work is completed on a per assignment basis. As a contractor, you will also be able to set your own hours and choose what you work on.
We recruit our full-time researchers from our roster of contractors. And so, while there’s no obligation to become full-time, it is a possibility, if that interests you.
- Research complex legal topics, on occasion in unfamiliar practice areas
- Craft concise and accurate memos on points of law within 24 hours
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Lawyer called to the Bar in a Canadian jurisdiction
- Exceptional legal research and writing skills
- Interest in conducting legal research on a wide range of topics
- Solid understanding of the legal process
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Love of learning new things
- Reliable and secure internet access
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies like Google Hangouts, Z
Your application has been successfully submitted.