Auckland, New Zealand
Are you a lawyer and want to do something new and different with your career?
We’re changing how law works and we're looking for a forward thinking legal engineer to join the legal team in our rapidly growing, award-winning Onit AI Center of Excellence (ACE).
Our legal team operates at the intersection of law, technology, customer success and product development. Legal engineers serve as the domain expert working collaboratively with the wider team to develop technology that addresses the pain points in the legal industry and design the playbook for building a modern legal team.
As an ACE legal engineer, you'll be working closely with our AI engineers and product teams on developing cutting-edge apps that power some of the largest and most recognised brands in the world, from Adobe to AirBnB, Lenovo to McDonald's.
This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of the disruption within the legal industry by working at the frontier of legal tech. This job is all about making a difference.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the development process of key legal AI features with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Accurately validate legal AI features and other tools or technology.
- Prepare data, research and information required to design, build and validate new technology.
- Explore design solutions to improve legal workflows further through research and client engagements.
- Provide guidance and steer the product and AI R&D roadmap.
- Be the gatekeeper of product quality and the client champion; delivering value in every feature release.
- Be proactively engaged on R&D projects as the subject-matter expert.
- A candidate who can be truly multi-disciplinary and quick to learn:
- Legal: 1-2 years of experience working with contracts preferred (such as in contract management, inhouse-legal, procurement or firm). Candidates that have been admitted to the bar are preferred but we are open to and encourage graduates to apply.
- Tech: Ability to learn and work with technologies (such as AI tools) and product/engineering teams.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Analytical and excellent problem solving skills
- A team player with leadership potential
- Excellent communication skills
- Client centric and attentive
- Organised and proven attention to detail
- An ambitious, curious and adaptive individual who isn’t afraid to go outside the box with their career and make the most of the opportunities that come with it
Helpful Skills and Experience:
- Experience or interest in legal-tech, legal-ops, legal-transformation and/or AI
- Product management, CX, UX or development experience
- BComs/business graduates
Your application has been successfully submitted.