Service Design Analyst
Simmons and Simmons are looking to recruit two Service Design Analysts into our growing IT department in Bristol.
As part of a growing Service Architect team you will responsible for improving the quality, consistency and overall value of delivery of IT services to improve the delivery of legal services to our clients by shaping the design of new and changed IT services and identifying and implementing improvements to existing services, processes & other aspects of the firms implementation of IT Service Management.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Act as Service Design lead on Projects to capture and document service and support requirements, validate that core operational processes are aligned and produce agreed artifacts
- Ownership of the IT Service Catalogue, ensuring it is produced and maintained at correct version level, and it contains accurate service and technical information about all operational services along with those being prepared to be run operationally.
- Ensure that service level requirements are effectively met by negotiation of service level agreements and underpinning contracts
- Ensure that effective capacity levels are included in all technical designs to provide the most cost effective service and that service capacity is in place to deliver services (including resources, ongoing budget changes etc).
- Build in to all designs the IT service continuity provision from both internal and external service providers to ensure that service levels can be maintained in the event of significant issue being experienced by the business.
- Responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the firm and client information, data and IT services is included in every design.
- Design the measurement systems, methods and metrics to manage the delivery of IT services against agreed service levels; providing data on adoption
- Delivery of service design package to the service transition function for implementation.
- Help develop and maintain all standard Service Design Procedures, Artifacts & Templates and embed these into all aspects of IT delivery.
- Act as SME for IT in all areas of Service Design
- Excellent understanding of ITIL with v3 foundation level as a minimum requirement
- Experience developing process maps, flow diagrams and related documentation
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong IT skills with the ability to understand the benefits of and adapt to new tech solutions quickly
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- A good understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2 and Agile IT best practice frameworks.
- A good understanding of configuration management including licensing models
- Previous use of service management tools (preferably ServiceNow) and Sharepoint would be an advantage
- Effective at building and sustaining relationships across all levels of the organisation, both within IT and beyond.
- Experience in acting as a point of reference to a delivery team, confident in working and negotiating with technical experts to ensure service design is effectively delivered.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the motivation to exceed expectations
- Excellent written, verbal and presenting skills
Our core employee benefits
- 25 days holiday (full time employees), this allowance increases with length of service
- Eligibility for our bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection insurance
- Access to various health and well-being benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The international law firm that acts as your business partner.