Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As an SDR, you’ll initially join a team of five (3x SDR and 2x AE) and work directly with our Chief Commercial Officer to learn the ropes and bring you up to speed on our space; this includes how we continually refine and deliver our evolving sales strategy.
We’re going to be unlocking more of the extensive UK market, alongside venturing into Europe to help open opportunities with some of EMEA’s hottest startups/scale-ups… and we need your help!
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities and generating qualified leads, as well as building our contact database through research & profiling
- You will use a multichannel approach (emails, Linkedin messages, calls etc.) to generate sales opportunities, using sequence and automation best practices
- As a real team player, you will set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and our Account Executives to move the pipeline forward across the sales funnel
- You will provide visibility to the broader team by documenting your progress using Salesloft & Hubspot, as well as reporting on results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- You will evangelise our product by engaging and interacting with prospects using our ever expanding library of content to inform and inspire
- You will have a genuine interest in learning everything about your prospects’ equity processes and collecting insights around their pain points as if they were your own
Here's what we’re looking for:
- At least 6 months of experience in an SDR role, working in a similar role within a start-up/recruitment type environment.
- Comfort and experience communicating with prospects through various channels (LinkedIn, Email, Video and Call)
- Solid understanding of the tech-stack required for successful SDR prospecting (CRM tools, automation software, prospect list building tools etc.)
- Experience in prospect qualification and opportunity handover to AE’s
- Hunger and desire to constantly develop, learn and grow
- Hands-on, experience with Salesloft, Hubspot, LinkedIn, and Cognism
- Previous experience engaging with prospects fitting the role of CFO, Finance Director and Financial Controller
- Aspirations of moving into an AE role in the short-term future (i.e. next 12 months)
Bonus points for:
- A passion or deep interest in investing or private equity
- Fluency in a second language
To succeed in this role, your personal values matter just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- Empowered = you love to feel empowered to do the role you’re responsible for
- Iterative = you love to test and iterate new ideas and approaches
- Togetherness = you love being part of a team, pulling cohesively together to deliver the team goal
- Purpose = you love having a clear purpose and own the responsibility of your role
- Curiosity = you love to develop, learn and understand more
The fine print
What we can offer you:
- £30-32k base salary (estimated £45-47k OTE)
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Enhanced parental leave - 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (also includes adoption) and in the unfortunate circumstance we also offer miscarriage leave
- You get your very own Pleo company credit card, so no more expenses hassle
- Semi annual company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials) and quarterly kick offs
- Onboarding budget of £2,500 to spend on equipment you need so you can work to the best of your abilities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Manage all your equity on a single online platform – from seed to exit.