This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven startup that’s disrupting an entire industry and making a real impact in the lives of Canadians?
Willful is Canada’s leading online will platform that makes creating your estate plan affordable, convenient, and easy. More than half of Canadian adults don’t have a will, and while end-of-life planning can be difficult to talk about, our mission at Willful is to use technology and empathy to make the process as simple and painless as possible.
We’ve helped tens of thousands of customers create their wills and power of attorney documents since launching in 2017. Our user-friendly design has also caught the attention of major publications such as La Presse, and led to partnerships with industry leaders in banking, insurance and employee benefits programs, including Allstate and other well-known brands.
We launched our fully bilingual offering in Quebec in March 2021, and now we’re looking for a Quebec Marketing Intern who can help us grow our presence locally.
What does it mean to be a Quebec Marketing Intern at Willful?
As Quebec Marketing Intern, you’ll spearhead a variety of projects that help us to build our strategy on the ground in Quebec. 45% of Quebecers don’t have wills, and there is a lack of knowledge about estate planning in the local market, so this role will be focused on growing our brand presence, building education about online wills (and wills in general), and working to drive more customers in Quebec to create their will on Willful.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Draft or adapt educational articles specific to the Quebec market
- Research and compile lists of local stakeholders (including employers, corporate and affiliate partners, influencers, media, and other stakeholder groups)
- Handle outreach to stakeholder groups in both English and French
- Develop emails and other communications materials for outreach
- Conduct introductory calls with stakeholders to educate them on Willful’s Quebec offering
- Draft marketing collateral, and/or translate and adapt English materials for the local market
- Research and identify local expansion strategies for Willful’s growth
- Analyze Quebec website metrics to identify areas to improve the Willful platform
- Competitive insights and analysis
- Monitoring local media for story opportunities
Who you are:
- Experience: You’re a business or marketing student or a recent graduate who is interested in working in a small environment.
- Bilingual: You can easily produce written content in both French and English.
- Local market knowledge: You’ve been in the market long enough to understand its nuances vs. other provinces.
- Responsive communicator: You’re comfortable working in a highly cross-functional role, collaborating with and demonstrating your work to stakeholders across the business. You welcome differing perspectives.
- Resourceful: As a small team, we need people who can find the answer to any question. You’ll learn anything you need to to get your job done.
- Entrepreneurial: You take an owner’s approach to growth; you are committed to your work at Willful and want to share in the company’s success.
Willful will be using a hiring grant for this position, so the successful candidate must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution, or a graduate of a post-secondary institution.
What we offer
- Remote work
- The opportunity to work in an innovative new space
- Competitive hourly rate;
- Flexible work hours to accommodate both work and home life
- Opportunities for coaching and mentorship
- Fun, inclusive team events and regular team lunches (currently virtual)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Willful makes it easy to create a will online & it's more convenient and affordable than visiting a lawyer.