Data Analyst, Regulatory Sandbox
This job is no longer accepting applications.
18-month contract, up to 20 hours per week
The Data Analyst supports the effective operation of the Regulatory Sandbox (the “sandbox”), a five-year pilot project in Ontario that will allow legal technologies benefitting the public to be test run in a safe, controlled environment without incurring regulatory consequences. The Data Analyst uses data analysis expertise to gather, examine, interpret, evaluate and report on sandbox data and processes. Reporting to the Regulatory Sandbox Manager, the Data Analyst is the primary resource for designing and implementing the sandbox’s data collection and analysis processes, including analysis of individual participants’ data as well as data regarding the pilot project’s overall operations. The Data Analyst facilitates project and task execution as assigned, identifies opportunities for process improvement, manages competing priorities, and applies a high degree of professionalism.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analysis, Statistics, or a related discipline, coupled with relevant, ongoing education or experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, database design, data/statistical reporting, business analysis, project management, and information systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the fields of data analysis, business analysis, and data/statistical reporting, preferably in a legal or regulatory environment.
- Strong understanding of data and analytics, including the ability to gather, analyze, model, interpret and apply complex data.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with data analysis and reporting tools.
- Strong understanding of best practices in designing and implementing effective data collection and analysis processes.
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate trends and outcomes in data.
- Excellent grasp of delivering superior client service.
- Strong interpersonal skills related to needs identification, process consultation, and relationship management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to facilitate meetings, effectively respond to requests for data and statistics, and to share and document information.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, and time management skills in order to plan work, prioritize activities and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with complex data analysis and statistical reporting software (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced, SAP Crystal Reports).
- Proficiency in word processing (e.g. MS Word, Adobe Pro) content management platforms (e.g. SharePoint), and the internet and intranet.
- Solid understanding of technology, particularly application of technical solutions to work processes and procedures.
- Ability to perform data reconciliations between multiple platforms with similar data sets to ensure data quality.
Client/Customer Service Planning
- Works closely with the Regulatory Sandbox Manager to plan and design the processes for data collection and analysis, including data related both to individual participants and to the pilot project overall.
- Assists with developing the technical specifications for data collection and analysis, and with designing and implementing data collection tools and processes that meet those specifications.
- Participates in discussions with sandbox participants to facilitate the effective functioning of data collection requirements and processes.
- Assists the sandbox team in monitoring and ensuring participants’ compliance with all data requirements.
- Assists with establishing internal business processes and external protocols for data sharing, governance, and evaluation.
- Assists with establishing data reporting requirements and formats.
Client/Customer Service Delivery
- Provides effective, timely responses to requests for data/statistics.
- Uses data analysis and business intelligence software to perform analyses of varying complexity in order to respond to requests for data/statistics.
- Uses data to identify trends, and prepares statistical analyses and reports for the Regulatory Sandbox Manager and wider audiences including Law Society management and Benchers, as well as providing written and oral input and feedback to the sandbox team.
Performance Goals, Targets and Standards
- Engages in continuous process improvement, recommending and initiating changes as required.
- Works closely with the Regulatory Sandbox Manager to ensure the ongoing improvement of sandbox processes related to data, and to establish new processes and protocols as goals and targets shift.
- Is a key member of the sandbox team, and works closely with other members of that team, as well as other staff within the Law Society, to ensure that all activities associated with the sandbox are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Leads and acts as a key contributor with respect to all sandbox processes relating to data collection and analysis, including facilitating needs identification and promoting effective processes and continuous process improvement.
The Law Society of Ontario values and respects diversity. We are committed to creating an accessible, barrier-free and inclusive workplace in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please make any requirement you may have for accommodation during the recruitment process known when contacted. If you are unable to apply to this position due to the requirement for an accommodation of any kind, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 947-3475.
Your application has been successfully submitted.