Software Solutions Engineer
The Software Solutions Engineer will be responsible for identifying, implementing and maintaining software solutions for business stakeholders throughout the Firm. The Software Solutions Engineer will provide operational and technical expertise for complex projects and client software implementations. These projects and implementations will generally be building portals to present/manage data for the business unit or client using HighQ, SQL, and application API’s. Duties include leading and documenting the process of identifying the business need, defining operational and technical solutions to meet Honigman and client business objectives, planning for, implementing, and supporting the solutions while utilizing effective project management skills to ensure projects are completed in a timely and effective manner while remaining on budget. Effective customer service and excellent communication skills are also essential to this position.
- Leading and documenting the project discovery process for assigned projects.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of all Honigman Technology offerings, services, and procedures.
- Identifying the appropriate software solution to address the business need.
- Identifying and communicating projects risks.
- Creating long and short-term plans, including setting targets for project milestones and adhering to deadlines.
- Developing, programming, testing and modifying solution based on feedback from stakeholders.
- Delegating some tasks on the project to employee(s) best positioned to complete them.
- Making effective decisions on how to progress with the project when presented with multiple options.
- Communicating with executives about the status of project aligned with established goals.
- Performing quality control on the project throughout execution to maintain expected standards.
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed and managing to the established budget for the project.
- Responding to requests from internal stakeholders for the following services:
- Project plans and timelines.
- Project feasibility studies and responses.
- Conducting training sessions on project deliverables, working with Help Desk staff to develop appropriate training materials, and training the trainers.
- Working with vendors on troubleshooting problems and determining system requirements and limitations.
- Monitoring application software for performance problems.
- Providing high level support to the help desk and users in a timely and courteous manner.
- Supervising of others only as required on assigned special projects.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, MIS, Business Systems (or a related field such as math or engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft SQL Query Language and SQL administration.
- Application API programming.
- Experience in setting up and administering databases.
- While not mandatory, experience with HighQ, Kira, and Intapp Integration Builder is a plus.
- Experience with enterprise data integration systems.
- Five to eight years of hands-on experience building and supporting client portals with out of the box tools like HighQ.
- Well organized, disaster recovery level documentation skills, good upward supervision, process oriented and self-disciplined.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and develop formulas.
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to minute details simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to comfortably make group presentations.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of personnel and external contacts.
- Ability to accept responsibility for work product, to work successfully and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and recommend and implement solutions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.