Legal Tech Solutions Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. We are defined by our consistent commitment to creating a collaborative and supportive working culture and investing in your progress. We're committed to supporting a culture that drives diversity and inclusion. Every day, we're working hard to create an environment where you feel you can bring your authentic self to work. To be comfortable and confident to be who you are in the workplace. To feel like you belong. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional ambitions. Joining our global team, you'll discover what collaborating on a global scale really looks like; you'll learn how to help drive change; and you'll be at the heart of an organisation that's defining the future of law. If you're ready to find a place to thrive: It's Time.
In recent years, technology has played a more disruptive role in the way we deliver legal services to our clients. The pace of technology change in this area has increased dramatically in recent years.
The Legal Technology team provides solutions to the firm that helps lawyers across our global network deliver a full range of legal services to our clients. The use of legal technology to support A&O's client activities is becoming increasingly important as client requirements become more complex and global in nature.
The Legal Technology Solutions Analyst provides operational support for our Legal Technology tools and services in the Legal Technology team, this includes both the deal management technology and contract lifecycle / document automation technology sides, with additional technologies and services being added as we expand our toolset. This role will focus primarily on supporting contract lifecycle / automation services, and will involve responding to A&O lawyer and client queries, implementing initiatives and helping to design and configure technical project solutions. The individual will be expected to engage with internal clients and key stakeholders to encourage them to achieve greater efficiencies through the use of legal technologies.
The role requires an awareness of and a keen interest in areas such as document automation, artificial intelligence, web technologies and knowledge and collaboration in order to advise on and meet our clients' future needs. The role would be best suited to an individual from an IT background with an interest in legal, or an individual from a legal background with an interest in IT.
- Head of Advanced Delivery (Technology)
- Legal Technology Senior Manager
- Legal Technology Solutions Manager
- Legal Technology Solutions Team Leads
- Partners, fee-earners and support staff
- Global Legal Technology team
- Support teams responsible for underlying systems e.g. IT SM colleagues
- Legal technology suppliers
Role and responsibilities
Role and key competencies
- Advise partners, fee earners and/or clients on how to best use and configure systems to help meet their needs
- Undertake system maintenance tasks and admin required to ensure effective of the systems
- Provide regular updates on the progress of work to Team Leads, clients and senior management
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts, technology suppliers and other departments to advise on solutions and troubleshooting
- Assist Team Leads to produce and maintain various product and client reports
- Undertake any other responsibilities which come up as part of their role, supporting other departments and project teams as necessary
Contract Lifecycle / Document Automation Services
- Contribute to pre-project evaluations and provide document automation time estimations for document automation projects
- Plan, design, build and test automated documents
- Provide training and technical support to lawyers and clients on automation and troubleshooting
- Test author output and template quality assurance for automated documents, following best practice governance
Deal Management Services
- Create, support and maintain deal management portals
- Configuration of online information capture forms, and the configuration of automatic document creation and data visualisations
- Work with our technology suppliers to design solutions, troubleshoot issues and resolve client queries quickly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to manage ambiguity and often conflicting priorities working across functions or projects as required by management
- Ability to develop good working relationships across the business and effectively share knowledge between individuals and teams to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards
- Experience of working in a global environment across international locations with an appreciation of different cultures
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute medium/long term initiatives to improve performance of the team and toolset
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work
- Can demonstrate a highly inquisitive nature and will challenge themselves to solve problems and achieve targets
Who we are looking for
- An interest in advanced technology
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar support position or 1 year experience in a legal professional (or similar) role
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technology quickly and develop new skills
- Experience of supporting or using document automation technology (e.g. Avvoka or Contract Express) or web based applications, in particular online datarooms
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Allen & Overy is a global law firm that helps the world’s leading businesses to grow, innovate and thrive.