Senior Project Manager
MyCase is seeking a highly strategic, quantitative, process and detail-oriented Senior Project Manager to join our organization. The Senior Project Manager will report into the office of the CFO while working as an enterprise resource to solve some of the most complex problems facing the business. The mission of our Senior Project Manager is to maximize business performance by being the objective, trusted partner to the organization through analytics, strategic planning, cross-functional collaboration and operational excellence. We identify and drive critical projects and strategic initiatives to support revenue growth while supporting the operational cadence to surface business insights. In your role as a Project Manager, you will be a key partner to the business delivering against three core functions: 1) Core operations (e.g. planning, metrics, and rhythm of business), 2) Strategic initiatives to improve efficiency and 3) Organizational enablement through analytics, process improvements and tools. Sample projects include: Long range strategic planning, acquisition integration, enterprise technology transformations, and ERP implementations.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up their sleeves. They will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Prior experience supporting stakeholders and quickly building relationships with cross-functional partners and teammates will be critical to success.
What we’re looking for...
- Identify and structure high priority company wide programs by working with business stakeholders, managing communications, overseeing milestones, timelines and leading cross-functional groups to synthesize feedback and deliver on objectives
- Enjoy the challenge to thrive in a complex, ambiguous environment by driving results through effective structuring, communication and simplicity
- Closely collaborate with cross-functional teams (including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, People, Product) to execute company wide priorities
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop quantitative and qualitative program goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Establish a regular operating cadence with cross-functional teams to track, communicate, and drive towards set program goals and KPIs. Identify key roadblocks to progress, and work efficiently to remove them
- Independently manage a large scale cross-functional program by developing detailed project plans with activity based milestones
- Communicate with leadership on a regular basis, highlighting progress towards goals, key risks and dependencies
- Improve operational excellence and create efficiency and simplicity by removing obstacles. Enables the organization to achieve results by effectively embodying our ‘move fast’ value
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in annual business planning, headcount management, key organizational metrics and other operational projects
- Build strong working relationships with business partners from diverse functions. This is a highly cross-functional role, so a humble attitude and a high instinct for collaboration are essential
- Build cross-functional relationships to help solve complex interdisciplinary problems on behalf of business stakeholders
- Proactively build a wide network and form strong relationships across the organization
What we’re looking for…
- Humble, open, and curious: You recognize there are numerous ways to solve a problem or implement a strategy. You gain various perspectives and consider the impact on the customer and other teams before making a decision. You also promote team diversity and diversity of thought.
- Attentive, active listeners: You're interested in what others have to say and illustrate your interest with your actions. You listen with empathy and ask follow up questions to determine what your team and customers would like to achieve. You are comfortable with conflict because conflict provides an opportunity to help solve problems.
- Enthusiastic collaborators: You understand that the best outcomes are achieved through shared ownership, and you seek to spread knowledge and expand participation rather than restrict it. You need to work cross-functionally to achieve successful outcomes for your team and customers.
- Ultimate team player: You focus more on team and customer success than personal achievements. You understand that each team within the organization works hand-in-hand to provide the best customer experience possible and you might have to pitch in to help other team members.
- Comfortable with uncertainty: You know that sometimes problems and situations can't be simplified or fully understood; you know where to find information to help bring clarity to a situation, but you also understand that you won't always have all the information when making decisions. You invite change and help your team and customers navigate change.
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP certification
- 4+ years of work experience involving analytical rigor as typically seen in, but not restricted to, functions like finance, business operations, etc. or industries like consulting, banking, etc.
- Program Management and Operations experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets
- Experience presenting business and technical content to peers and general audiences
- Experience leading and influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of organizational dynamics, change management, and process improvement
- Communication experience with story-telling and presentations utilizing tools such as PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Experienced in using Excel spreadsheets for running data analysis and building quantitative models for business decision making. Experience with pivot table based reporting, using charts for visualization and use of lookup and math functions
Nice to haves...
- MBA or graduate degree in an analytical field
- Experience working in a commercial organization working across Sales, Marketing, Product Marketing, etc.
- Experience working with or in support of many different business units, especially partner orgs where revenue is not the primary KPI
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
MyCase offers web-based legal practice management software for the modern law firm.