As our Sales Director, you’ll join a robust commercial leadership team with backgrounds from the likes of Google, Onfido, Pleo, Depop & Triptease. You will work directly with them, our COO and our CEO to reach our commercial goals.
We are well-established in the UK and the Nordics and expanding into the rest of Europe. Several markets across Europe have shown strong interest in our product, and we already have customers and presence in Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and France. The next 1-2 years, we need to consolidate our leading position in Europe by successfully establishing ourselves across all major new markets in Europe. We also have promising revenue streams outside our core subscription business that we need to build out, including services and transactions.
As a commercial team, we rally around shared goals across Sales, CS and Growth (Marketing) functions to avoid siloed working across teams. We believe in accountable cross-collaboration.
Coming into this role, we’d expect you to help us achieve our commercial goals, lead on our sales strategy and European expansion, and to further build out and lead our Sales team.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Own, build and lead our Sales teams for both UK and Europe, including designing team compensation plans that align with commercial goals
- Coach and develop the Sales team
- Create, share and realize a vision for the future of our Sales department, including recruiting
- Iterate and execute European strategy
- Participate in wider strategic work, for example: market selection, strategic product roadmap, pricing, partnerships.
These are the skills and experiences we’re looking for:
- At least five years of experience working in high growth startups, ideally from Series A to Series B+ investment (50 to 200 headcount).
- Excellent technical sales, sales management and coaching skills.
- A data-driven mindset to scaling revenue streams and experience leading and coaching teams. We’re not talking about hiring 50 people, but thinking about how we can use data and automation to scale smart & fast.
- Exceptional recruitment skills and excellent communication and collaboration skills. You can set a clear direction, report status, work constructively, and are comfortable being radically honest with those around you, including leadership.
- Comfortable working with multiple revenue streams across several product offerings in different product maturity stages.
- Affinity for the equity space and our mission.
- Knowledge of or interest in employee equity, corporate finance and/or private equity investment.
- Working knowledge of our current Sales and Growth tool suite Hubspot, Salesloft & Cognism.
- Market launching experience, you’re familiar with the challenges faced by product development and new market entry.
To succeed in this role, your character matters just as much as your technical skills. Does this sound like you?
- You are ambitious and don’t sit on the sidelines
- You are obsessed with learning new things and challenging yourself
- You see every mistake as an opportunity to grow
- You’re a naturally thoughtful and considerate person
The fine print
What we can offer you:
- A salary of £80-100k (depending on the level of experience) + bonus + equity + benefits
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach - everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- You get your very own company credit card (Pleo), so no more expenses hassle
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Very flexible working - we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Quarterly company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Manage all your equity on a single online platform – from seed to exit.