Director Legal Innovation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Director, Legal Innovation leads highly complex, large scale, less defined initiatives that are considered game changing innovation ideas and, if successful, have the potential to transform delivery of Legal Services at Liberty. The Director works closely with Senior Business and Legal Leaders to identify, ideate, prioritize, and execute on process and technology solutions. Initiatives require external partnerships and management of vendors and internal collaboration across Legal practice areas. Through the management of a small team of individual contributors the Director, Legal Innovation proposes ways to solve business issues, create value and innovate to benefit the organization. Manages the research, development, and coordination with cross functional partners, piloting, testing, metrics and continued iterative recommendations for the assigned focus area until the initiative transitions to a full scale launch and is moved into the practice area. Provides consultation on complex business issues. Manages a dedicated cross functional teams to develop the roadmap and execute specific work streams.
- Identification, pursuit, understanding and analysis of various business / operational and technological issues faced across Legal department groups. Industry knowledge, research and exploration of various technology and legal service (non law firms) vendors that could benefit Home Office Legal groups, Policyholder claims litigation and data/analytical groups.
- Prioritizing new innovation projects to accelerate delivery of legal services, yet balancing capacity issues, while maintaining the quality of services.
- Individually contributing and leading key projects, as well as managing other projects through delegation and empowerment.
- Interacting, coordinating and informing Senior Executive Leadership across Legal department, as it relates to Industry trends as well as project updates.
- Managing key stakeholders, and implementing change management best practices during execution of vendor and technology projects.
- Involvement and being apprised of key innovation efforts across Liberty Mutual.
- Representing Liberty Mutual, Corporate Legal department and LSS in Industry meetings, legal the groups, approved media and other public forums.
- Support and guide participation of various industry surveys.
- Lead, guide and manage key Legal Innovation internal events such as Legal Design Challenge and Vendor Showcase events.
- Collaborate with external and internal resources to lead and manage external events such as Boston Design Challenge.
Your application has been successfully submitted.