Legal Technology Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Clifford Chance is seeking an ambitious, talented Legal Technology Advisor who has an in-depth understanding of legal service offerings to own, develop and implement the legal technology strategy for the Continental European (CE) Region. The role is to be based in Amsterdam.
Our clients increasingly expect us to invest in new innovative approaches to reduce their costs, improve outcomes and enhance their service experience. Our leadership in this area is something we refer to as "Best Delivery". To better support our partners in designing innovative approaches to matter delivery, we have created cross-functional teams, distributed across our offices, including continuous improvement, legal project management, resource managers, pricing experts and legal technology advisors.
This individual will have significant knowledge of advanced legal software applications and will be closely collaborating with the cross-functional team to help us reduce the cost of our legal service delivery by streamlining the work using our existing services and products (including technology solutions) and where appropriate identifying the need for new solutions.
Who you will work with
You will work with the other Legal Technology Advisors and the rest of the cross-functional team in the CE Region to develop a deep understanding of our lawyers and client's needs, promoting to our lawyers the benefits of our relevant legal technology toolkit, how to best use it and in which scenarios and where appropriate how to configure or sometimes capture requirements for further customisation, to be delivered via our legal technology teams – you will also be expected to work directly on matters with our lawyers and the clients' teams.
You will help us keep an eye on legal market trends, capture feedback on existing products and share with our central product management teams; and identify process improvement opportunities and report findings about local emerging technology solutions so they can be considered as part of our innovation pipeline.
As a Legal Technology Advisor, you will be passionate about digital transformation.
What you will do
- Build strong relationships with lawyers to engender trust and be viewed as a "trusted advisor", delivering at the pace of the client needs.
- Balance immediate client needs with strategic aims of the firm/function with existing solutions in most cases, and where appropriate identifying opportunities for new solutions.
- Focus on promoting the relevant use of our existing legal technology toolkit to our lawyers. This will require explaining solution benefits, metrics-driven adoption of those tools and provide tailored specialist guidance on those solutions. This will also require you to help provision and deliver "configuration" needed from existing solutions.
- Where necessary, identify needs for further integration, configuration or further customisation of existing solutions; and identify requirements for new solutions to provide to our product management teams.
- Maintain our legal technology toolkit usage metrics to prioritise our efforts for adoption and identify challenges to be addressed in collaboration with the product management teams.
- Capture success stories that feature our legal technology toolkit and sharing with the global team of legal technology advisor and product management teams.
- Provide feedback and insights from the local market and local needs, challenges, usage, etc. to the product management teams so roadmaps and solutions delivery better address the challenges faced by lawyers.
- When adding new solutions to our legal technology toolkit, assist with the introduction, deployment, communications while focusing on the overall legal service delivery process.
- Identify and support several power users in key legal technology solutions to help us scale our delivery capabilities.
- Work closely with our product management teams when we are developing new solutions, providing feedback and advise on effective delivery needs to ensure it best meets our lawyers' requirements and delivers better experiences to our clients.
- Promote the usage of our training materials available (and where necessary feedback on improvement opportunities).
- Deliver tailored presentations and demos about our legal technology toolkit, including advanced specialist solutions (including artificial intelligence tools).
- Where required, support our business development teams by contributing in a timely manner to panel firm and client RFP responses, demonstrating our competitive advantage in efficient and integrated legal service delivery (including using our legal technology toolkit).
- Support the objectives of the cross-functional team by identifying opportunities to use our other services such as our legal delivery centres in Delhi and Newcastle, continuous improvement, legal project managers, etc.
- Prior experience delivering process improvements and introducing legal technology solutions, ideally in a professional services environment.
- Excellent communicator and strong influencer. Able to influence both lawyers and clients, and able to clearly articulate and explain legal technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms.
- Strong relationship skills and an understanding of the different ways of achieving outcomes, with business and IT teams, using both business and IT terminology.
- Extensive senior stakeholder management skills.
- Strong problem solving and entrepreneurial skills to drive solutions to completion.
- Good judgement and skill in identification and prioritisation of added value and strategic tasks.
- The intellectual rigour and insight to be credible with a highly intelligent and experienced internal and external client base.
- Effective communication; verbal and written, delivered with enthusiasm and impact.
- A confident, firm and positive approach; comfortable will dealing with people at all levels in the firm.
- Strong listening skills.
- A bachelor's degree (HBO) or an advanced university degree is required for this role. The candidate should possess an academic werk en denkniveau.
- The candidate must have fluent English, Dutch (and/or at least one other European language).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are one of the world's pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents.