Legal Technology Adviser
This job is no longer accepting applications.
To better support our partners in designing innovative approaches to matter delivery, we are creating a cross-functional virtual team, distributed across our offices, including Continuous Improvement, Legal Project Management, Resource managers, Pricing experts and LegalTech Advisors.
Clifford Chance is seeking an ambitious, talented LegalTech Advisor who has an in-depth understanding of Legal Service offerings. This individual will have significant knowledge of advanced Legal software applications and will be closely collaborating with a cross-functional team (with Continuous Improvement, Legal Project management, Regional Business Managers and Pricing Experts in particular but also Knowledge & Information teams) to help us reduce the cost of our legal service delivery by streamlining the work using our existing services and products (including technology solution) and where appropriate identifying the need for new solutions.
How you will influence:
The cross-functional team and the LegalTech Advisor will be developing a deep understanding of our lawyers and client's needs, promoting to our lawyers the benefits of our relevant legal technology toolkit, how to best use it and in which scenarios and where appropriate how to configure or sometimes capture requirements for further customisation, to be delivered via our Legal Technology teams – you may also work directly on matters with our lawyers and the clients' teams.
Working closely with our lawyers, you will help us keep an eye on the local legal market trends, capture feedback on existing products and share with our central product management teams; and identify process improvement opportunities and report findings about local emerging technology solutions so they can be considered as part of our innovation pipeline.
As LegalTech Advisor, you will be passionate about digital transformation, including with Artificial Intelligence solutions, data-driven and comfortable in manipulating data to make better decisions.
What you will be doing:
- Working with lawyers and the cross-functional team, develop a deep understanding in order to deliver against our clients expectations.
- Building strong relationships with lawyers to engender trust and be viewed as a "trusted advisor", delivering at the pace of the client needs.
- Balancing immediate client needs with strategic aims of the firm/function with existing solutions in most cases, and where appropriate identifying opportunities for new solutions.
- Focusing on promoting the relevant use of our existing Legal Technology toolkit to our lawyers. This will require explaining solution benefits, metrics-driven adoption of those tools and provide tailored specialist guidance on those solutions. This will also require you to help provision and deliver "configuration" needed from existing solutions.
- Where necessary, identifying the needs for further integration, configuration, or further customisation of existing solutions; and identify requirements for new solutions to provide to Product Management teams.
- Maintaining our Legal Technology toolkit usage metrics to prioritise our efforts for adoption and identify challenges to be addressed in collaboration with the Product Management teams.
- Capturing the success stories with our Legal Technology Toolkit and sharing with the global team of Legal Tech Advisors and the Product Management teams.
- Providing feedback and insights from the local market and local needs, challenges, usage, etc. to the Product Management teams so roadmaps and solutions delivery better address the challenges faced by Lawyers.
- When adding new solutions in our Legal Technology Toolkit, assisting with the introduction, deployment, communications while focusing on the overall legal service delivery process.
- Identifying and supporting a number of power users in key Legal Technology solutions to help us scale our delivery capabilities.
- Working closely with our Product Management teams when we are developing new solutions providing feedback and advise on effective delivery needs to ensure it best meets our lawyers requirements and delivers better experiences to our clients.
- Promoting the usage of our training materials (and where necessary feedback on improvement opportunities).
- Delivering tailored presentations and demos about our Legal Technology toolkit, including advanced specialist solutions (including artificial intelligence tools).
- Supporting our Business Development teams by contributing in a timely manner to panel firm and client RFP responses, demonstrating our competitive advantage in efficient and integrated legal service delivery (including using our Legal Technology toolkit).
- Supporting the objectives of the cross-functional team by identifying opportunities to use our other services such as Legal Support Centre, Continuous Improvement and Legal Project Managers.
- Prior experience delivering process improvements and introducing Legal Technology solutions in professional services firms.
- Excellent communicator and strong influencer. Able to influence both lawyers and clients, able to clearly articulate and explain Legal Technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms.
- Strong relationship skills and an understanding of different ways of achieving outcomes, with business and IT teams, using both business and IT terminology.
- Extensive senior stakeholder management skills and a cross-functional team.
- Able to manipulate data at speed.
- Strong problem solving and entrepreneurial skills to drive solutions to completion.
- Good judgement and a skill in identification and prioritisation of added value and strategic tasks.
- The intellectual rigour and insight to be credible with a highly intelligent and experienced internal and external client base.
- Effective communication; verbal and written, delivered with enthusiasm and impact.
- A confident, firm and positive approach; comfortable dealing with people at all levels in the firm.
- Strong listening skills.
Written and Verbal Communications:
- Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills – some form of customer-facing interaction or consulting experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English. Chinese preferred but not essential.
- Educated to degree level in a Computer Science or Law discipline or equivalent (Legal training preferred)
- Previous experience of working in a global professional service environment or corporate organisation such as finance/banking, delivering process improvement projects, ideally with Legal Technology.
- Some advanced expertise in at least one Artificial Intelligence Legal Technology solution.
- Preferably with some experience of Agile delivery practices and working with Product Management teams and tools (Agile Central, JIRA, User feedback tools).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are one of the world's pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents.