Legal Project Manager
Meta’s Legal Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a Legal Project Manager to serve our Legal teams. The Legal Project Manager will work closely with Legal team members and cross-functional partners to manage and run complex projects at Meta. The ideal candidate will have an ability to see the big picture and incorporate problem solving, critical thinking and tactical execution into their daily work.
Legal Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple work streams and/or project teams to execute against project plans
- Promote, manage and deliver the continuous improvement of project activities and seek opportunities to connect outcomes with other projects/priorities
- Display effective organization skills and manage multiple and often competing priorities
- Demonstrate strong capabilities to engage directly with Legal leadership on strategy and be able to pivot to granular detail within working teams
- Demonstrate strong reporting and communication skills across all levels, for example, team/organizational updates, leadership escalations, detailed working group notes, etc
- Drive the creation of integrated project plans and timelines, including through facilitating requirements gathering, setting role, responsibilities and expectations, brainstorming options and solutions
- Propose solutions to manage client expectations and manage scope throughout the delivery of the project, and demonstrate the techniques and capabilities needed to bring problematic projects/teams back on track
- Drive standardization of delivery and activities to provide efficient service, as well as knowledge sharing and supporting related teams/projects
- Demonstrate sharp attention to detail in executing and reviewing work products to ensure the highest quality deliverables in the allotted timeframe
- Integrate and synthesize information from multiple teams, including product, legal and policy domain knowledge, in order to analyze complex issues, mitigate risks and solve problems
- Travel as needed (up to 10% depending on location and assigned projects) and occasionally internationally (once COVID allows)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Technology or a related field
- 5+ years of program/project management experience
- 5+ years of experience working with legal, compliance and/or risk management related projects
- Experience with regulatory and compliance matters affecting the technology industry
- Experience leading departmental and enterprise-wide projects
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Suite and collaboration tools/cloud services (e.g. Google suite, Quip, etc.)
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape and trends impacting technology companies
- PMP, CAPM, or other relevant project management certification(s)
- Experience working in a global, fast-paced environment and under tight timelines to deliver high-quality results
- Experience collaborating with partners across multiple disciplines and functions
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.