Global Legal Operations Associate
We are looking for a Legal Operations Associate to join our Global Legal Operations team. The Global Legal Operations team is a part of the EY Global Legal function (Global GCO) and supports legal technology and process improvement initiatives for our legal teams worldwide. The Legal Operations Associate will provide operational and administrative support to technology projects and processes related to the legal function, as well as provide reporting and data analysis to support informed decision-making and identify ongoing opportunities for improvement.
This role can be remote based out of any EY office but will require flexibility to work with colleagues primarily in the US/UK and to support stakeholders around the world.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Execute day-to-day operations and administration of core legal technology systems and processes, including but not limited to eBilling and matter management.
- Assist with management of external counsel and vendor relationships, billing, and spend.
- Analyze legal department data to identify trends, patterns and areas of process optimization and improvement.
- Design and generate reports, metrics, dashboards and data visualizations to measure and evaluate legal department operations.
- Support requirements gathering, design, testing, and change management for implementation of new legal technology solutions.
- Create and maintain knowledge management and operational documentation such as user manuals, training materials, and process maps.
- Provide onboarding, training, and technical support to Legal professionals on new technology, tools, and procedures.
- Manage and maintain team collaboration and communication tools such as legal intranet sites, contact lists, access rights, shared mailbox, and quarterly department newsletter.
- Identify ways to optimize workflows, processes, and policies to ensure compliance and improved efficiency.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Strong team player who has a growth mindset and a strong sense of integrity and accountability.
- Proactive attitude, curious and inquisitive with high degree of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated aptitude for resilience, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing circumstances and dynamics.
- Ability to take ownership of matters, work with a good level of autonomy, exercise sound judgement and apply excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with problems in a practical, structured and common sense way, with the ability to prioritse and work to deadlines.
- Interest and ability to positively team and collaborate effectively across geographic locations.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Basic knowledge of legal department operations
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical mindset
- Strong organisation, planning, data analyis and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, relationship building, and global acumen
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, SharePoint, and PowerBI; and the willingness to develop additional skills to support new technology initiatives
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-2 years related experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Some experience with legal technology or working in a law firm/legal department.
- High degree of cultural awareness.
- Experience of working in a global environment.
- Experience with working with a wide variety of stakeholders.
What We Look For
We are seeking a proactive, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving and analytical skills who has excellent attention to detail and is willing to jump in and support a wide variety of legal projects, no matter how big or small. The ideal candidate for this role is eager to learn and grow; passionate about driving process improvements and efficiencies; and builds trust, confidence and accountability while working collaboratively across functions and geographies
What We Offer
The compensation ranges below are provided in order to comply with United States pay transparency laws. Other geographies will follow their local salary guidelines, which may not be a direct conversion of published US salary ranges.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $65,400 to $115,100. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $78,500 to $130,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities including veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during any part of the application process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com