This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a global law firm with a powerful strategic focus and real momentum. Our industry-focused strategy is seeing us take on pioneering work in places that others have yet to reach. Our shared values define our culture and our workplace. You will find us to be unusually collegial, team-oriented, and ready to innovate. We work seamlessly across practices, offices and around the world. This elimination of boundaries has allowed us to evolve into a law firm that works as hard for its culture as it does for its clients.
Norton Rose Fulbright has a long-standing commitment of leveraging technology to enhance legal services and streamline operations. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join the Innovation team as an Innovation Manager. The role of the Innovation Manager is to support and assist the Innovation team in general, and the Head of Innovation in particular, to collect and process information on the state of the legal technology market and managing the piloting and onboarding of new technology solutions to enhance the Innovation team’s ability to support lawyers and the Firm as a whole.
The successful candidate will possess a strong background in project management, a deep understanding of the legal technology landscape, and be able to communicate with stakeholders globally across various business services teams and practice groups. The Innovation Manager will assist in the identification, selection, testing, and implementation of practice innovation solutions to support the firm’s practices and clients, and drive adoption of those solutions by applying innovation methodologies and change management best practices.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Head of Innovation, US and will work collaboratively across legal teams, business departments and with clients. The role may be hybrid/remote in a Firm approved U.S. state.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the end-to-end lifecycle of legal technology projects including requirements gathering, scoping, planning, executing, and monitoring.
- Providing support on different aspects of the PoV process including creating focus groups, determining evaluation metrics, managing internal and vendor communications, and supporting PoV participants.
- Cultivating internal stakeholder relationships with lawyers and across our global practice support functions.
- Assisting in on boarding new legal technology tools and implementing customized solutions the Innovation team is developing by coordinating with IT, Procurement, practice group stakeholders and other business services teams to ensure all necessary processes are followed.
- Providing ongoing support for tools in the firm’s tech stack where Innovation is business owner, including managing user access, managing the vendor relationship, facilitating user training, and gathering metrics to promote user adoption and track ROI.
- Monitoring and evaluating the success of implemented solutions, collecting feedback and making recommendations for improvements.
- Maintaining a record of legal tech vendors that were evaluated, piloted, and implemented.
- Maintaining and promoting an up-to-date inventory of all practice innovation tools and services developed across our offices accessible by our lawyers and clients.
- Working with the Head of Innovation to aid in the development of business cases and tracking KPIs to measure benefits realized from investments.
- Utilizing data visualization techniques to prepare reports on Innovation team projects in a clear, concise, and visually appealing manner.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Certifications in project management, design thinking or change management a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to generate buy in from stakeholders and collaborate effectively with diverse teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and assess technology-related challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Experience working in a law firm required, preferably within the Innovation, LPM, or KM function.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the legal technology landscape, including trends, tools, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques and tools, enabling the effective communication of complex information.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all applicable federal laws and their implementing regulations that require the collection and recording of certain data and information. The information we receive will not be used to make any decision regarding employment and will be kept separate from your application. Similarly, self-identification information is kept confidential and used only in accordance with applicable federal laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to inform a Recruiting Representative if they require a reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified.