AI Product Owner
We are a global law firm with a powerful strategic focus and real momentum. Our industry-focused strategy is seeing us take on pioneering work in places that others have yet to reach. Our shared values define our culture and our workplace. You will find us to be unusually collegial, team-oriented, and ready to innovate. We work seamlessly across practices, offices and around the world. This elimination of boundaries has allowed us to evolve into a law firm that works as hard for its culture as it does for its clients.
Norton Rose Fulbright has a long-standing commitment of leveraging technology to enhance legal services and streamline operations. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Generative AI Product Owner to lead the execution of the Firm’s generative AI roadmap and implementation of future solutions.
The Generative AI Product Owner will oversee the execution of the Generative AI transformation plan within NRF US. Alongside firm leadership, this role will be responsible for managing the vision and roadmap for generative AI products and services based on input from stakeholders, customers, market research and industry insight.
This role reports to the US Head of Innovation and will work collaboratively across legal teams, IT, Knowledge Management, and other business services groups, as well as in consultation with the Firm’s US and global AI Committees. The successful candidate exhibits strong legal knowledge, technological understanding, project management skills, and effective communication.
This position is ideally located in Texas, but can be based in any of our US offices. We offer a hybrid schedule which is primarily remote with in-office meetings as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Governance, Market Intelligence and Program Management
- Conduct market research to stay informed about the latest advancements in AI technology and their potential applications in the legal industry.
- Ensure legal and ethical compliance of AI products, particularly in areas of data privacy and confidentiality.
- Assist with evaluating use cases/feasibility analysis for generative AI tools
- In conjunction with firm stakeholders, develop and execute a strategic roadmap for AI product development and deployment, aligning with the firm's goals and priorities.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the success and impact of AI products on the firm's operations and client services.
- Provide training and workshops to educate attorneys and staff on the effective use of AI tools.
Legal Technology & Vendor Management
- Lead and manage the end-to-end product development lifecycle, including planning, design, development, testing, and rollout.
- Determine ongoing prioritization assigned to AI applications, including defining the minimum viable product for releases and managing product backlog.
- Work closely with software developers and UX designers to create intuitive and user-friendly AI interfaces.
- Gather and analyze user feedback to continuously improve and enhance AI products.
- Collaborate with external vendors and technology partners to source and integrate AI solutions.
- Create a comprehensive and cohesive stakeholder feedback forum to ensure all teams engaged with generative AI understand and are connected to the strategic roadmap.
- Collaborate with attorneys and cross-functional teams to gather requirements and translate them into actionable product features.
- Partner with the Change Management and Training teams to develop and implement a successful change management and training program for AI products and services.
- Communicate regularly with firm leadership and stakeholders to provide updates on AI initiatives and progress.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred certifications: Product Owner Professional (PO) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Minimum three years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- Proven experience in product management, ideally within the legal tech industry.
- Strong understanding of generative AI technologies, including natural language processing and deep learning.
- Excellent project management skills with a track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of translating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of legal processes, terminology, and the challenges faced by legal professionals.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop innovative, AI-driven solutions.
- Familiarity with data privacy and ethical considerations in AI development.
- Proactive, collaborative, and adaptable approach to problem-solving.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking abilities.
- Preferred proficiency in using Product, and Requirements management tools like Azure DevOps.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all applicable federal laws and their implementing regulations that require the collection and recording of certain data and information. The information we receive will not be used to make any decision regarding employment and will be kept separate from your application. Similarly, self-identification information is kept confidential and used only in accordance with applicable federal laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Norton Rose Fulbright is committed to providing reasonable accommodation as an Equal Opportunity Employer to applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation to complete your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.