Knowledge and Innovation Manager
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as Knowledge and Innovation Manager, in our London-based Knowledge and Innovation Team (KIT).
We are recruiting for an experienced Knowledge and Innovation Manager to join the KIT in the firm’s Knowledge and Innovation Department.
The KIT work on all things innovation, legal tech, and knowledge management related. The team sets the firm’s agenda in these areas and all members of the team play an active role in strategy and planning.
Together with our colleagues in Technology, we are responsible for selecting, testing, procuring and deploying the tools that make up our Legal Tech Toolkit. We have practical experience of tackling issues such as data security, privacy and cloud, machine learning and governance.
Beyond legal tech, we are engaged in Legal Process Design – we conduct process mapping for some of the firm’s key matter types and hold lawyer workshops to identify efficiencies and improvements to key processes. We help practice streams to take these ideas forward.
We are also responsible for the firm’s knowledge systems, including dealing with policy, operation, training and reporting.
KIT are involved in providing value add services to many of the firm’s key clients, as outlined in our Legal Services Delivery Toolkit, and also regularly meet with our international network firms to discuss their needs and share experience in relation to legal tech, process efficiencies and knowledge systems.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
Legal Tech Projects
- Advising and supporting practice teams on the practical use of technologies and processes in their work.
- Developing and promoting best practice adoption of legal tech tools within the firm.
- Working with our Technology team to run pilots and on-board and manage new technology.
- Monitoring the legal tech market.
- Presenting legal tech tools internally, to clients and “Best Friend” law firms.
- Working alongside other members of the KIT on Collaborate, our legal tech programme.
Comms & engagement
- Working across the firm to discover and champion the needs of the practice and our clients.
- With other members of the KIT, running our internal and client innovation networks.
- Involvement in firm-wide innovation comms and external comms, including press releases, awards submissions and other promotional materials.
Working with other members of the KIT on a broad range of innovation projects including:
- Our legal process design programme: redesigning our approach to service delivery.
- Our business improvement programme: applying process improvement to all aspects of our business.
- Our innovation training programme: ensuring our people have the skills they need in an evolving industry.
- Our ‘new ways of working’ programme: exploring the fundament
Candidates for this position must have:
- A keen interest in legal service innovation and legal technology.
- A passion for continuous learning and developing new skills.
- A degree or post-graduate qualification.
- Experience of working in a legal or other professional services environment.
- Strong digital and technology skills.
- Demonstrable organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Confidence and self-motivation, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and deliver work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work as a team player, reliably, flexibly and co-operatively.
The Knowledge and Innovation Manager will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
International law firm advising on some of the most complex, high profile and groundbreaking matters for clients across the globe.