Tech and Innovation Senior Manager
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries. Lex Mundi member firms offer clients preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers worldwide – a global resource of unmatched breadth and depth. Each member firm is selected because of its leadership in – and continued commitment to – its local market. The Lex Mundi principle is one independent firm for each jurisdiction. Firms must maintain their level of excellence to retain membership within Lex Mundi.
This is a remote position, located anywhere in United Kingdom.
Trips to Houston, Texas will be required 3-4 times a year; additionally there will be 1-2 additional trips to locations in North America / Europe (each trip 2-5 days in duration).
The Technology and Innovation (T&I) team at Lex Mundi needs a special individual who can make a significant contribution to helping our member firms increase their use of practical legal technologies to enhance their competitiveness in their chosen markets (especially related to legal service delivery). The role provides a unique opportunity to build a global network of law firm leaders, vendors, and legal-tech industry analysts and thought leaders. This role will be a good fit for someone with a passion for, and experience in, helping professional service firms leverage new digital technologies. We are working to be data-driven, so comfort with numbers is key. Learning is a given; and dealing with ambiguity and complexity is a must. We have fun and make a difference around the world.
- Act as an advisor to member firms regarding their selection, implementation and / or adoption of new legal technologies (especially related to legal service delivery)
- Connect member firms to Lex Mundi’s resources and / or to other member firms who have experience with the software / vendor related to their interest(s)
- Organize and facilitate calls / meetings on topics or issues so member firms can share and learn about legal technologies
- Utilize our business systems and data to deliver impactful metrics and other analytics; analyze data and prepare reports that illustrate progress of plans against business results; respond to requests for ad hoc analysis by leveraging data and information to independently create requested metrics and report
- Assist scope and prioritize T&I Team activities based on strategic and user impact by translating users’ needs / problems to be solved by new approaches, configurations of existing software, or proposing new approaches / software
- Direct to Vice President, Operations
- Priorities / guidance by Senior Advisor, Technology and Innovation
- 8+ years of experience working in a professional services environment – a law firm or legal department is ideal
- Master’s degree - or equivalent experience - related to business, software development, engineering, design, technology
- Previous experience leading technology or innovation initiatives from start to finish – on time and on budget - and doing so by coordinating the work of others
- Demonstrated experience bridging between the “user” and “technology” worlds – ideally within a law firms or a legal department or professional services firm
- Creative problem solver with an innovative mindset able to explore diverse points of view
- Critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions
- Comfortable being part of a distributed team with experience working multi-jurisdictionally / globally
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and convey messages which influence change in others
- Self-starter capable of comfortable handling a significant amount of complexity and ambiguity
- Able to build trusting relationships including having difficult conversations
- Business and organizational political acumen
- Strong verbal, written, and collaboration skills
We will begin contacting candidates during the week of July 19-23.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Lex Mundi is the world's leading network of independent law firms.