Product Marketing Manager
XCLAIM is the online global marketplace for trading bankruptcy claims. Our platform connects creditors—who are owed money from bankrupt companies—with financial institutions and other investors who want to buy bankruptcy claims. We enable creditors to get paid much faster than waiting for the court to settle a claim, and enable financial institution buyers to more efficiently access, bid on, and purchase these claims. This process was previously done manually and we are disrupting the bankruptcy industry, a $2 Trillion fintech market. While bankruptcy may sound a little dry, in actuality, it’s a space begging for digital transformation.
XCLAIM was founded in 2018, is based in Los Angeles, CA, and backed by top investors including First Round Capital and General Catalyst. We’re looking for our first dedicated PMM to help build the marketing function, reporting directly to the CEO & Co-Founder.
What you’ll do
- Product marketing strategy: Research our product, existing customers, and target audience and set goals/OKRs and priorities accordingly.
- Positioning: Develop and execute strategies to improve product positioning and messaging.
- Messaging: Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (emails, web, etc).
- Launches: Set positioning and messaging, channel strategy, and goals for all launches, working cross-functionally.
- Lifecycle marketing: Create content and messaging for email drip campaigns that drive creditors with claims to our content and product.
- Content strategy: Help us become the destination for learning about bankruptcy--both individual cases and general education about the process for creditors with claims and buyers interested in purchasing claims. You’ll work with contractors and future content marketing hires to make this happen.
- Partnerships: Work with our partners on co-marketing efforts. We partner with multiple players in the bankruptcy ecosystem, including claims agents and lawyers.
You'll do well in this role if this describes you:
- Marketing experience: At least five (5) years of marketing experience, with a focus on product marketing.
- Industry or business model experience: Experience in FinTech, LegalTech, B2B services, 2-sided marketplace platforms, and/or self-serve businesses, experience strongly preferred.
- Experience setting marketing strategy AND executing: This is an early-stage startup and you will be doing both.
- Breadth in all areas of product marketing: With core competencies in positioning, messaging, launch management, and partner marketing.
- Strong writing abilities: You understand how to effectively communicate about both features and benefits of a product and set messaging guidelines the whole company can use and can share examples of blog posts, web content, and enablement content you’ve created.
- Interest in our product: Knowledge of financial markets and/or auction dynamics or strong desire to learn about these topics quickly.
- Prioritization & team communication: A strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right prioritization trade-offs to support our marketplace participants.
- Values alignment: Approach your work with sound product judgment, positive attitude, and clear goals.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The electronic marketplace for bankruptcy claims.