Legal Technology Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Technology Manager at Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team of lawyers, paralegals and business professionals.
The Legal Technology Manager works closely with the firms’ practice groups, serving as an internal consultant who understands the groups’ needs and how either existing tools can be used or to identify new products. This includes the identification, evaluation, implementation, and adoption of practice-specific and/or client-facing solutions, as well as the configuration of said solutions to achieve the best results.
The Legal Technology Manager must have a good blend of analytical, communication and technical skills as well as a strong understanding of change management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works closely with lawyers and operational support personnel to understand the challenges and opportunities facing practice groups and client teams.
- Recommends strategies to improve how legal teams work, both internally and directly with clients and other external parties. Works with those teams to define, design, select, evaluate, test, implement, and adopt that strategy.
- Builds and maintains relationships across the firm, but particularly with practice group leaders, industry/sector leaders, client development managers, and other key personnel who can inform or influence the legal technology roadmap.
- Collaborates effectively and efficiently with technology colleagues (PMO, data architects, developers, desktop engineers, help desk, etc.) as well as external consultants.
- Prepares business case rationale for recommending new products or similar technical investments; able to provide ROI justification.
- Incorporates usage metrics into the cadence of application management, using it to launch awareness campaigns, offer coaching sessions, highlight success, or to retire an ineffective approach.
- Maintains a current awareness of, and a willingness to explore and experiment with new and existing tools, shares those findings with others, and builds a community of “triers”.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required with a concentration in Business, Technology, or similar field.
- Eight - ten years of experience in a law firm or professional services organization in a business analyst or technical role.
- Five years of direct experience with collaboration platforms (such as SharePoint or HighQ), practice-specific applications (Kira, Jigsaw, Simply Agree), document automation (Contract Express), and/or process automation tools (such as Power Automate, Betty Blocks, Autto).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual/hybrid environment.
- Must be comfortable working with a wide range of firm personnel.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must possess discretion in working with confidential data.
This is a remote role and salary is commensurate with years of relevant experience & geographic location. The range for this position is $94,400 - $180,900.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our Firm and in the larger legal profession. We believe that diverse skills, knowledge and viewpoints make us a stronger firm. Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP maintains a policy of affording all employees and applicants equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or expression or transgender status), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, ancestry, amnesty, citizenship status, ethnicity, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation will not be tolerated in any of the Firm’s offices or any other work-related setting. Qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position or to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position for which they are otherwise qualified. EEO.