Sr. Analyst, Legal Operations
The Disney Legal and Global Affairs Department is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Knowledge and Information Services team which equips legal teams with the information they need to guide the business. This role will help fulfill department goals of Enabling Business Transformation and Operational Excellence. The Sr. Analyst will be a strategic thinker who will optimize internal/external research.
This role requires being exceptionally organized to manage a library of tools that is accessible and ready for use, have strong focus, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize, and motivation to improve. The Sr. Analyst will work with all roles within legal teams and will maintain professionalism with stakeholders and partners, both internally and externally.
Drive Research and Analysis
- Independently conduct internal/external research to completion for basic and complex requests selecting most relevant and cost-efficient tools and using advanced research techniques spanning practice areas, industries, and local, state, federal and international jurisdictions
- Construct and refine search strategies
- Analyze research results for recall and precision
- Collate relevant and authoritative results to package and return to requestor with summary of applied search strategies and resources
Optimize Resource Portfolio and Drive Digitization Efforts
- Source new vendors per resource requests, gather internal and external requirements and develop insight reports
- Conduct contract searches and partner with Strategic Sourcing and Legal Technology to identify opportunities to leverage existing agreements or relationships
- Review, compare and proofread vendor agreements
- Facilitate effective incident management to resolve vendor issues, log issues, and ensure quality control
- Partner with vendors and users to drive continuous improvement in tools by evaluating effectiveness, crafting enhancement requests, and writing requirements
- Report on new enhancements gathered from regular vendor communication and meetings
- Organize and update portfolio data across all Disney Law Library collections
- Streamline invoice processing using Legal Tracker
- Develop and analyze budget reports
- Identify and propose processes improvements
Promote Resource Utilization
- Improve usability and promote the adoption of tools, services, and education
- Build awareness and marketing strategy
- Enhance, improve and maintain the library’s intranet site
- Develop customized resource and training guides
- Curate law firm memo and RSS feeds
- Onboard Disney Legal members, manage subscription request forms, and provision resource access
- Conduct regular and ad hoc training
- Design and develop quick-help, on-demand training videos
- Partner with vendors to curate and develop vendor training programs
- Support and consult with all office locations that maintain library collections and utilize library resources
- Gather metrics and generate routine reports that measure adoption of research resources, intranet site, and research services
- Partner with vendors to develop meaningful usage reports or communicate the need for raw data to develop customized reports
Collaborate on projects that build relationships and improve operations
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to vendor projects including tracking vendor data, creating templates, RFPs, risk identification and mitigation, and technology
- Partner with all levels of staff and manage research projects independently using cost- and time-efficient strategies
- Organize and update Research & Library Services Standard Operating Procedures
- Support efforts to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of the department contributing ideas and suggestions
- Collaborate on wider Disney LGA and Legal Operations projects as needed
- A minimum of five years of experience conducting legal and business research.
- Experience working in a large Corporate Legal Department or Law Firm required.
- Working experience with LexisNexis, Law360, Intelligize, Westlaw, PLI, Courtlink, ALM, Courthouse News Service, PACER, Factiva, Bloomberg Law, TLO, public records, social media and other related legal/business research resources.
- Working experience with Windows, Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Zoom and Teams.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision using cost- and time-efficient methods.
- Apply sound judgment, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Master’s degree in library and information science, or related field.
- Working experience with SAP, Concur, DocuSign, NetDocuments.
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or related working experience.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $77,080 to $103,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.