Legal Director - Technology Transactions Counsel
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
In this Technology Transactions Counsel role, you will report to the Senior Director, IT Legal, and will serve as an integral part of the global Information Technology Legal Team. You will be asked to collaborate with key business partners in order to help advance strategic corporate initiatives, working closely with procurement, security, IT, Data + Analytics, eCommerce, marketing and brand teams, as well as, colleagues across the legal department. If you have an ownership mentality and enjoy being part of a team, can interact with and influence across departments and job levels, then this is the role for you!
This is a hybrid role based in either Plano, TX or Purchse, NY and will require coming on site 3 days a week.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating supplier agreements for the Global IT department, the Data + Analytics team, and other business partners including eCommerce, marketing, and PepsiCo’s brand teams.
- Primarily responsible for working with US-based suppliers/transactions but will also include collaborating with Sector Counsel in Europe, LATAM, AMESA and APAC, as needed, to support global negotiations specifically in technology transactions.
- Transactional work will include a variety of complex technology agreements, including software, cloud/SaaS solutions, hardware, colocation, data licensing, professional services, outsourcing, confidentiality, consultant, development, and other agreements.
- Requires prompt review/negotiations while, at the same time, managing expectations of internal stakeholders and maintaining a high-level of customer service.
- Responsible for collaborating with various internal clients, including Procurement, Vendor Management, Information Security, Corporate Risk, Finance, Controls, Asset Management, Operations, S&T, and other departments (“internal clients”) to provide advice and guidance while helping to maximize value and mitigate risk in technology and data transactions.
- Collaborate with internal clients on contracting process improvements to facilitate greater consistency and efficiency and drive best practices in overall contract management.
- Support internal clients in vendor disputes and technology audits.
- Help educate internal clients through training about contracting forms, intellectual property rights and obligations, commercial and legal risks and internal contract review and approval procedures and best practices.
- Collaborate with outside counsel to drive efficiencies in the contracting process and manage legal spend.
Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected compensation range for this position is between $113,300 - $226,600
- Location, confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 25% of annual salary paid out annually and an additional target payout of 10% of annual salary is paid out over 3 years following the end of the performance period.
- Long term incentive equity may be awarded based on eligibility and performance.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- JD from an accredited program.
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or corporate legal department (prior in-house counsel experience strongly preferred).
- 3+ years of proven track record of negotiating complex technology and data transactions against industry leading technology providers.
- Understanding of how to mitigate data privacy, data security risk, and intellectual property issues in technology agreements.
- Experience supporting technology procurement teams.
- Knowledge of records and information management principles is a plus.
- Experience in M&A transactions, specifically as it relates to technology and contractual issues relevant to acquisitions and divestitures, including drafting/negotiating transition services agreements for M&A transactions.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Executive maturity for regular interaction with Global senior leaders.
- Proven ability to effectively educate, train, counsel and advise clients.
- Strong prioritization, efficiency and organization skills needed to independently handle/manage/oversee workload and high volume of legal advice requests.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the availableEEO is the Law&EEO is the Law Supplementdocuments. ViewPepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view ourPay Transparency Statement