Common Paper’s mission is to build a seamless web of deserved trust, and we do that by dramatically accelerating and improving commercial contracts. We create industry standard, open source versions of commonly used agreements and contract collaboration software to improve the process for everyone involved.
As our first Engineering hire you will work closely with our co-founders to establish the technologies we use, our coding practices, and have a huge impact on the company’s future. The first version of our app uses Ruby on Rails 6 and PostgreSQL. You will report directly to the co-founder and CTO and be responsible for feature development, architecture design, task management, code review, and more. You should be comfortable working in an undefined space with lots to learn and a fair amount of uncertainty because we are building something new. If you are a self-starter who loves to see their impact from the jump, and you are both low-ego and high-empathy, we are looking for you!
- You ship code early and often and are excited about applying technology to the world’s problems.
- You care deeply about the users of your software and your coworkers.
- You think in systems and want to build good things for a good future.
- You are a technology generalist who enjoys working all the way up and down the stack (devops, databases, backend, frontend, documentation, etc.).
- You have shipped or worked extensively on a SaaS product and understand how modern cloud software gets written, tested, and deployed.
- You have experience with server side languages and frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP, etc.
- You love relational databases, especially PostgreSQL.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You care about the people who will maintain your code in the future.
- You have experience integrating with Salesforce or DocuSign.
- You have implemented OAuth.
- You have experience with cloud services like AWS, GCP, Azure or Heroku.
- You have worked with alerting and monitoring tools like Datadog or Cloudwatch.
- You have enough opinions to write a blog post on something you’re passionate about.
A little more About Us
Our co-founders have started companies, built amazing software, led successful teams, and taken a company public. We believe deeply that our team is and will continue to be our most important asset, and that belief informs every aspect of the company. We strive to build a culture where employees feel like they can show up as their genuine selves, every day. We believe that good ideas come from everywhere.
Our goal is for Common Paper to be as diverse as it is inclusive, as psychologically safe as it is fun, and an opportunity to do the best work of our careers. Join us!
Common Paper is a remote-first company, and we are hiring across the United States.
Benefits and Perks
This is a salaried position. In addition, Common Paper offers:
- Stock options
- Health care plan including medical, dental, and vision
- Professional development budget
- Charitable donation matching
- HSA & FSA
- Access to virtual mental health, primary care, & wellness coaching services
Your application has been successfully submitted.