Legal technology and innovation manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are committed to recruiting and developing the best people to ensure we deliver a paramount service to our clients. We recognise that the success of a modern law firm depends on a range of business professionals contributing critical and complimentary expertise.
As a legal technology and innovation manager, you will be a senior member of the team with responsibility for the application and management of artificial intelligence, collaborative technologies, document automation, process automation & robotics, expert systems, knowledge management systems, data visualisation, project management tools and a host of other legal technologies in a variety of internal and client-facing contexts. A significant focus for the role will be to take a lead role in developing, prototyping and rolling out digital solutions for our clients. You will also engage with vendors to explore new tools and technologies and consider their potential use by the firm and our clients, and provide advice and support to our teams and our clients on our lawtech solutions.
You’ll also develop a strong understanding of our practice areas, our business services teams and our clients by working closely with colleagues right across the firm who are leaders in their field. Your responsibilities will include:
- developing, prototyping and rolling out Lawtech solutions for our clients;
- working with colleagues internally, and with our clients, to identify opportunities for new lawtech solutions;
- managing and delivering internal lawtech projects;
- implementing, promoting and managing lawtech systems and tools, delivering training and demonstrations;
- building strong relationships with colleagues across other practice areas, our business services teams and our clients;
- assisting with pitches to clients and engaging directly with our clients to provide technology-based legal services;
- horizon scanning, maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the lawtech market and available technologies, demonstrating insight and thought leadership;
- working collaboratively with the other managers in the lawtech practice;
- managing, supervising and training junior colleagues;
- supporting the expansion and development of the lawtech practice;
- helping to shape and implement the lawtech team’s objectives and strategic goals; and
- helping to shape and implement business development objectives for the lawtech practice, supporting continuing development of our external and internal brand.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
- a strong academic record, with a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent higher education) in any subject;
- a team lead or in a senior legal technology position at a leading law firm or in-house team (other types of equivalent experience will be considered) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in legal technology;
- experience of system administration, project delivery and development using key legal technologies, including artificial intelligence (e.g. Kira, Luminance, Leverton), collaborative technologies (e.g. HighQ Collaborate), document automation (e.g. Contract Express, HighQ), process automation & robotics (e.g. Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism), expert systems (e.g. Bryter, Neota Logic) – please specify systems and level of proficiency in application;
- experience of engagement with lawyers, partners and senior management to drive the delivery and institutional adoption of lawtech;
- experience of engagement with clients to deliver lawtech solutions;
- confidence in leading internal and client meetings and winning new work for the team;
- a genuine interest in lawtech and cutting-edge technology, evidenced by engagement with the wider industry;
- a broad understanding and competency in IT and systems as pertains to large law firms;
- experience of management and supervision of junior colleagues;
- an organised, meticulous and methodical approach to work and a keen eye for detail;
- a good communicator, able to gain the confidence and trust of, and build strong relationships with, internal colleagues and clients quickly;
- a passion for a challenge with the ability to thrive on problem solving and analysis; and
- positive and pro-active, with a “can do” attitude.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping you to navigate complexity.