Senior Innovation Technologist
The Knowledge Team comprises three strands – the Knowledge Development Lawyers (KDLs), Innovation Technology and the Research & Information Services team. The Innovation Technology team currently comprises this role and a Trainee Legal Technologist. The person in this role reports to the Innovation Technology Lead.
The Knowledge Team delivers value, drives excellence and develops a unique, knowledge-sharing culture within the firm. Team members work collaboratively across the firm to:
- make a positive impact at every stage of the client journey
- foster innovative approaches to the challenges faced by our clients
- identify opportunities to enhance the firm’s reputation
- use data, knowledge and expertise to inform the business objectives of the firm.
Knowledge and Innovation Technology have a crucial part to play at every stage of the client journey – from pre-pitch stage through to client relationship development and each has the potential to enhance our reputation in a highly competitive market. Our use of Innovation Technology, including document automation, artificial intelligence and client collaboration tools help streamline legal service delivery and improve client experience. The technology within this area currently includes Contract Express, DocuSign, Luminance and HighQ.
We expect and encourage our lawyers and KDLs to take a hands-on approach to Innovation Technology. We have groups of enthusiastic members throughout the firm, who have embraced innovation technology and we need to build on this further. We believe that technical skills will be key skills of every lawyer in the future.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to join the firm at an exciting time as we implement our ground up Innovation Technology strategy. They will have an understanding of legal practice, how our lawyers work and the needs of our clients. They will be able to display the ability to promote the benefits of Innovation Technology to our lawyers and clients. The ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders in Knowledge and in the rest of the business is essential to the success of this role. The role will be initially focussed on document automation before widening scope into other new and emerging technologies.
- Work with our Innovation Technology Lead to promote the use of Innovation Technology within the firm by identifying opportunities to use Innovation Technology to add value to client relationships, increase efficiency and win work
- Review and maintain our existing contract automation portfolio, as well as grow usage and help embed change management, best practice and governance, identifying clear processes for key areas of focus
- A strong and enthusiastic advocate for the use of Innovation Technology developing clear process for the introduction and embedding of new technologies
- Manage projects and tasks in direct response to business needs within the firm
- Work collaboratively with others, and, in particular with BD, to identify opportunities to develop meaningful dialogues with our clients around the use of Innovation Technology as solutions to business problems
- Work collaboratively with our lawyers to develop a deep understanding of existing processes in order to advise and assist with the implementation of Innovation Technology software
- Promote and manage the use of our existing Innovation Technology to our lawyers and encouraging innovative uses and assist with the identification of requirements for new solutions
- Act as a subject matter expert within the firm ensuring value from existing software as well as monitoring the market for new tools and developments, and contributing to discussions on future investment
- Work collaboratively with Learning & Development and the Innovation Technology Lead to develop a training programme around Innovation and Innovation Technology for lawyers and others in the firm
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop practical solutions for internal (and client facing) business issues
- Act as first line contact for users should they need assistance with day to day technology queries
- Extensive experience with Contract Express (and coding) and knowledge of HighQ
- Knowledge of AI (Luminance or Kira) an advantage.
- A clear aptitude for working with new and emerging technologies
- Previous experience in a legal or innovation technology role or project management role within a law firm
Your application has been successfully submitted.