This job is no longer accepting applications.
Freshfields Hub is a crucial part of our innovation strategy, helping us to improve our client service and makes our output more efficient. Based at the Freshfields Global Centre in Manchester, (with global teams across Europe and Asia), the Hub applies cutting-edge tools (including document automation and AI) to tasks such as due diligence, document review, regulatory surveys, contract production, antitrust and competition law analysis and research. It operates across time zones in more than 30 languages.
Legal Technology Operations Team
The Legal Technology Operations team sits within the Freshfields Hub. It is responsible for the deployment of legal technology for matters across the firm. The team provides support to our lawyers and clients, selecting the most appropriate technologies and ensuring they are implemented in the most effective way to deliver high quality legal services.
Role summary/purpose of job
- Responsible for the end to end deployment and management of legal technology on client matters.
- Working with the Senior Manager to deliver, oversee and maintain technology development projects.
- Provide support, advice and training to the global network regarding the deployment and effective use of legal technology.
- Support pitch and business development activities with clients in relation to the use of legal technology.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
Responsibilities will include:
- End to end management of legal technology deployment on client matters – including but not limited to Kira, HighQ, DocuSign and Contract Express.
- Working closely with colleagues across the Freshfields Hub and our lawyers to ensure that legal technology is used effectively, delivering maximum client and business benefit.
- Working closely with key stakeholders in Legal Practice Groups, IT, Legal (Risk) and Information Security, to ensure that their requirements are met and our use of technology products is governed robustly.
- Supporting the adoption of legal technology across the network through regular engagement, demos and creation and maintenance of relevant collateral materials.
- Defining and delivering against project plans to introduce and embed new technologies, detailing the business case, deliverables and measures of success.
- Supporting our global pitch team to effectively marketing legal technology offerings to clients.
- Previous legal experience or legal technology experience
- Experience using legal tech solutions such as Kira, Contract Express, DocuSign, HighQ, Sharepoint.
- Experience supporting lawyers in the use of legal technology.
- Experience of third-party vendor engagement/management.
- Experience of successfully planning, supporting and maintaining legal technology solutions.
- Experience of working in the legal sector.
- Experience of and interest in new and emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, TAR, data room analytics and document review platforms. Using APIs and linking legal tech systems and workflows together.
- Project management skills
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly identify key information to allow progress to be made.
- Able to resolve complex problems taking a proactive approach to analyse the issues and generate solutions. A determination to see a problem through to a solution.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a helpful and responsive approach.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to pitch new ideas clearly and inspire confidence.
- Takes ownership of tasks and is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Takes a consultative approach and has the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We combine the knowledge, experience and energy of the whole firm to solve the biggest global organisations' most complex challenges, wherever and whe...