Legal Innovation Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Innovation Specialist to join our Innovation team which is a key part of our Transformation and Project Management Team. In line with the firm's strategy and continued investment in this growth area, the Legal Innovation Specialist will be part of a team involved in delivering cutting-edge solutions to our lawyers and clients.
The role is fast-paced and varied. You will be involved in a diverse range of innovation initiatives and projects (everything from document automation to AI); efficiency projects to improve legal service delivery; testing and trialling new products; participating in business process mapping; and promoting and presenting on our innovative technology to legal teams and clients, and encouraging innovative uses.
As our ideal candidate, you will be a quick learner and self-starter, who will bring enthusiasm and ideas to the team. You will be a good and confident communicator (written and verbal) and interested in the business of a law firm, ideally with some legal or professional services experience - a lawyer looking for a change of career would fit this role well. Whilst we don't expect you to be a technology expert (although that would be a bonus!), a passion for using tech to drive efficiency and innovation is essential.
Essential skills and experience:
- This role bridges lawyers, clients, technologies, innovation, process improvement, and business analysis - so we are looking for demonstrable previous experience in a role which may have had at least one or a number of those elements.
- An interest in innovation and technology, and be open to new ideas.
- Able to understand law firm or other high performance business environments and deal competently and diplomatically with lawyers and business services professionals of all levels. (Relevant experience within a law firm or professional services environment is preferred).
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to clients and the ability to collaborate effectively, build relationships and clearly articulate and explain legal technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms. The ability to clearly define the problem being solved and then design and implement simple, elegant solutions will be critical to success.
- Ability to organise, facilitate and lead workshops with clients and internal teams to gain a deep understanding of existing processes in order to advise and assist with the implementation of solutions (including legaltech).
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads.
- Knowledge of technology and IT literate including MS Office and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent education or experience.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of how legal work is delivered and the use of legal technology, preferably previous legal experience or legal technology/engineer experience.
- Experience working with and knowledge of legal tech tools such as document automation and machine learning/AI and using legal tech solutions such as Luminance, HighQ, Contract Express etc.
If you are looking for a career move which offers great opportunity for growth and development, all with the support of both the wider Innovation team and our excellent Technology/IT department, then this role is for you.
Our six core values - Ambition, Collaboration, Commitment, Fairness, Quality and Respect - are at the heart of everything we do and help to shape our unique culture. As well as high quality work and exciting development opportunities, we offer our people a professional, friendly and sociable working environment with a real sense of community.
A full overview of all the benefits of working at Burges Salmon can be found on the 'working at Burges Salmon' section of our careers page.
We are delighted to have shortlisted in the 'Client Management Innovation' and 'CSR Innovation - Social' categories in the Legal Week Innovation Awards 2021 and listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021. We were awarded both 'UK Law Firm of the Year' and 'Energy & Infrastructure Team of the Year' at the Legal Week British Legal Awards and 'Highly Commended' in the CSR Innovation - Multi-Firm Projects at the Legal Innovation Awards in 2020.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process and offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job. We're committed to finding the right person for this role and are open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
For more information please see the job description attached below, any questions regarding the role or the interview process please contact Jess Denton (Resourcing Business Partner) on 0117 307 6984 or email email@example.com
To submit an application for this vacancy please click on the apply button below.
Closing date:3 June 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything we do is driven by the needs of our clients.